cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Offer for Freedom Customers

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

A friend is looking to get the current double data deal.  I want to give him the right advice on setting things up and I know how unforgiving the process is even when all the right steps and precautions are taken.  So, I looking for some feedback on exactly how the double data is being applied.  The announcement says that the bonus data will be applied within 72 hours.  Does it really take that long as in manual process or is it an auto process that is done right away.  I would imagine that further porting before the bonus data is added to the account is tempting fate.  Anyone out there try a second port before getting the bonus data? 

The friend is actually coming from Fido (friends don't let friends use Freedom, lol), so another final port is needed and he's looking to limit the time with having so many accounts open.  He is doing a family's worth of numbers and so the dollars and cents adds up fast with so many meters running.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.  Man Happy

6 REPLIES 6

@will13am The only item I have noticed that is new relates to field sizes which I added to my activation notes if there are problems:

• clear your browser’s cache/cookies and restart your computer
  • use a different browser, or private/incognito mode
  • turn off any popup/ad blocker
  • no punctuation signs, commas, apostrophes, dashes in the activation form
  • pay attention to any field length limits, and if you have a long name(s) enter short ones; do not enter middle names
  • be sure your postal code is entered WITHOUT spaces
  • choose any valid Canadian number that is not your own as “Alternate”

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@will13am wrote:

This is familiar territory.  I am looking for ways to avoid the dreaded wrong plan and whatever other pitfalls are lurking around the corner. 

Well, there are some glitches that are random and there is no way to avoid it. If you get placed on a random 10 days plan, there is no solution for that and you know the drill to contact our mods. 

@Luddite wrote:

As you know every phone number is a separate account & email address (consider this workaround for a family). Coming from Fido the steps are:

1. get any Freedom account with any number

2. activate a PM SIM and port-in the Freedom number DURING activation

3. once the PM account is up port-in the Fido number

Don't use a the same credit card more than twice when activating several accounts within a few days of each other.

That's it. 

As always be prepared. 😎

Remember our port-in pointers:

- for the Fido port-ins login to each active (with Freedom number) account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

This is familiar territory.  I am looking for ways to avoid the dreaded wrong plan and whatever other pitfalls are lurking around the corner. 

@NDesai wrote:

I know you are probably looking for some real feedbacks from users who actually signed up for this promo, but i can provide some info that i have observed. 

I am not sure if its auto or manual process for the 6GB bonus data. But i know that once the system determines that port is done from FM, it changes your plan to the exact fall 2016 promo. Some have reported that the bonus data was added within 36 hours, but rarely anyone complained about the bonus data not added after 72 hours. If the port from FM is done after activation and not during the activation, mods have to manually add the 6GB data. 

Since your friend is coming from fido, he doesn't need to port in his number to FM. Instead, he can get a new number from FM and once that number is ported and bonus data is added, he can port his number from fido to PM. 

I hope that helps. 

We are going to do the port during activation as the announcement implies is the "right" way to do it.  There is no intention of disturbing the Fido account in any way until the final step.  If something goes wrong, there won't be yet another post appearing here about extreme frustration with no service. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

As you know every phone number is a separate account & email address (consider this workaround for a family). Coming from Fido the steps are:

1. get any Freedom account with any number

2. activate a PM SIM and port-in the Freedom number DURING activation

3. once the PM account is up port-in the Fido number

Don't use a the same credit card more than twice when activating several accounts within a few days of each other.

That's it. 

As always be prepared. 😎

Remember our port-in pointers:

- for the Fido port-ins login to each active (with Freedom number) account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I know you are probably looking for some real feedbacks from users who actually signed up for this promo, but i can provide some info that i have observed. 

I am not sure if its auto or manual process for the 6GB bonus data. But i know that once the system determines that port is done from FM, it changes your plan to the exact fall 2016 promo. Some have reported that the bonus data was added within 36 hours, but rarely anyone complained about the bonus data not added after 72 hours. If the port from FM is done after activation and not during the activation, mods have to manually add the 6GB data. 

Since your friend is coming from fido, he doesn't need to port in his number to FM. Instead, he can get a new number from FM and once that number is ported and bonus data is added, he can port his number from fido to PM. 

I hope that helps. 

Need Help? Let's chat.