cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card did not take

canmoreguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched my credit card over to my visa debit as I had to close the cc due to a fraudulent charge.  My payment did not come out and I have it set up for auto renew. 
was there something I missed?  It did say it was accepted when I changed it. 

15 REPLIES 15

@canmoreguy   glad you are back!!

yes, adding credit card could be a rough ride sometimes.  Could the postal code, spaces somewhere.  Could be you tried the same card too many times.  But it you have put in a card that works, leave it there and worry about it couple years later (when it finally expires)  

canmoreguy

It’s all good now everyone!  Thanks for all the input. Got my replacement credit card and entered it and it worked perfectly fine. Still unsure why my Capital One and my Tangerine Visa Debit (which I used when I first started with Public worked fine) we’re not being accepted.  But made the payment and did not have to reinstate my account as it fixed itself when I made the payment! 😁

(System was obstinate........ Luddite)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Lol....aw shucks!😀

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Yet. If you recall one of the first customers with this is issue updated their autopay card, went thru renewal and 3 days later was temporarily suspended. If this is the case for this customer they very close to the same problem. Once they can make a payment I would recommend making a double plan amount payment to possibly get ahead of temporary suspension and contacting customer support to be made aware of the upcoming chargeback and explain that a new card has been added to the account and an extra top up amount equal to the chargeback amount has been made to ensure they are not suspended.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

Your compromised card.....did you do a chargeback on a KOODO TOP UP REAPPROV charge on your credit card? Hopefully not.....

@darlicious : I wondered the same thing. But doing so blocks logging in. And the OP has said they've gone about changing their card.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@canmoreguy 

Do you still have a valid payment card registered? If so make sure you wait one full hour before attempting to make another payment. The payment system only allows for two attempted payment before returning the processing error message.

Choose "other" amount and ensure the payment amount covers your total plan amount. You can add an extra $1 if you want to be absolutely sure. Your account should automatically reactivate once you have confirmed and submitted your payment.

Your compromised card.....did you do a chargeback on a KOODO TOP UP REAPPROV charge on your credit card? Hopefully not.....

@canmoreguy wrote:

Yes it is suspended.  So go in and make a manual payment as my first try and go from there depending on what happens.

@canmoreguy  - your account says Suspended..but the question is, do you have services?

If you do have service ignore the Suspend/Expired message on your account. These happen on the day before and morning of your renewal. Scary, but harmless.

If you have no services then, you need to add a manual payment to resume/reactivate servcies.

If this was an Autopay failure, i would holler at the Customer Support Agents (CSA)...I mean let them know about.

Methods to contact Customer Support (CSA), here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@Jessicaphone   You just changed the credit card ?  Is your account suspended now?  Can you login to My Account and try what suggested above (first try to manual pay by Amount Due, if fails, then try to pay by "Other" and enter the Plan amount manually) 

Jessicaphone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same thing happened to me 

Sunnymeowc

sometimes there is a problem if yor new card is with the different address or there is some troble 

canmoreguy

It declined my transaction.  I had even gone and switch to my MC number but it wouldn’t allow me to switch to my Mastercard. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@canmoreguy : Yes. Just putting in a card after suspension doesn't do anything. The autopay only tries once. Then you have to get your balance up to your plan cost by using the Other option shown above.

canmoreguy

Yes it is suspended.  So go in and make a manual payment as my first try and go from there depending on what happens.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@canmoreguy   is your PM My Account showing Status suspended now? And you don't have phone service now (cannot make calls or receive calls)?

can you make a manual payment from the Payment tab using Amount Due?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Make-a-Payment/

If it works, good. 

If  fails, try to use "Other" and manually enter the plan amount and see if it goes through

Once payment is made successfully, then see if the button Reactivate current plan is around and click on it

then logoff from My Account and reboot your phone

Need Help? Let's chat.