cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Payment

edithwharton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile charged my credit card twice on August 12 for $14.95 and again on August 13 for $14.95 despite the fact I have a $25 plan and had $10 in credit.  What's more, I don't even see a charge of $14.95 in my payment history.  And to top it off, they gave me credits for auto-pay and loyalty so I should have a $2 balance but it says $0.  The useless chat-bot is not capable of handling this question.  How do I get it escalated to actual customer service?  I'm also thinking if disputing the charge with my credit card company.  Advice, suggestions?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It taxes the amount of outside money coming in at the outside. That would be credit card charges. That would be taxes on vouchers at retail. That would be taxes on the amount you choose for real time payments. But internal account amounts like the rewards and credits are not taxed.

edithwharton

It's confusing that the transaction history is not an accurate reflection of what is actually charged to our credit cards.  Nowhere on the statement does it indicate when tax is added.  Is the monthly amount $25 plus tax for a total of $28.74 or is tax included in the $25 plan cost?

@edithwharton wrote:

I am on the $25 plan.  You can clearly see that in August the payments don't make sense.  Where is the $14.95 that was charged to my credit card?  I looked more closely at my credit card info and in fact, one of the $14.95 charges is pending.  But it still doesn't add up.

You did owe $13 for your last payment, but that does not include taxes.  As mentioned before, $13 x 15% tax is $14.95.  The pending charge should disappear in the next day or so.  Preauthorized payments/pending charges often gets shown in credit card statements, but will disappear.  Should only be one charge.  

@edithwharton   the payment actually was correct

You have a $8 credit before this renewal

August 13, PM gave you $2 Autopay reward and $2 Loyalty reward and your credit became $12

Since your account is $25, so, it needs another $13 to renew,

So there is an Automatic Top-Up of $13  to make it $25

Then the 2 entries  30-day plan  and 1GB at 3G speed just showing you how PM used the $25 , they broken down into that 2 lines

edithwharton

I am on the $25 plan.  You can clearly see that in August the payments don't make sense.  Where is the $14.95 that was charged to my credit card?  I looked more closely at my credit card info and in fact, one of the $14.95 charges is pending.  But it still doesn't add up.

edithwharton

PM Account.jpg

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@edithwharton 

When was your payment due date? Is your account active presently? Any available funds/balance?

If possible, screenshot your payment history page. That would provide valuable information. Omit any personal information.  

Do not dispute the credit care company charge yet. You may need to contact customer service agent via submitting a ticket or private messaging. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@edithwharton   $14.95 is $13+tax.  

Do you have the $15 plan or $13 plan?

are you sure one of them not just a pending charge and only one is the real charge?   

And you are still on the old reward system?

Please check Transaction log and see how PM charged you and credit you with the reward.  

If possible, do you mind to post the transaction logs for this month (maybe last month as well for comparison) so we can advise further

but if you want to talk to PM support directly instead, please open ticket with them:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.