cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a second account

Nefertiti66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create an account for my parents who don't know anything about cell phones and technology.  When I try to create the account, it asks me to enter a phone number to which public mobile will send a 6 digits code.  

The problem is that when I enter my own phone number, it tells me that it's either invalid or already registered.  Same thing on my girlfriend's phone.  I have absolutely no idea what to do.

Help me please! 🙂

8 REPLIES 8

@Nefertiti66 wrote:

I know that.  I am trying to create a new account with a new e-mail.  But before I can create an account and order a SIM card, it asks me for a phone number.  When I input my own, the problem occurs.

This is the link for purchasing a SIM card.  There is no requirement for a phone number or to create an account.  

https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart

dh301823
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you try with any other provider's no.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nefertiti66 , each account activation is separate from other accounts.  You should be repeating the exact process for the first account.  There should be no code exchange involved.  

Nefertiti66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I know that.  I am trying to create a new account with a new e-mail.  But before I can create an account and order a SIM card, it asks me for a phone number.  When I input my own, the problem occurs.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Nefertiti66 Need to buy a brand new sim with a new number, use a new email, and create account for your parents using all this new information.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Nefertiti66 

If you use gmail set up an email alias for them.

Easiest way to activate for them is to use the live chat for activations.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Nefertiti66 - the rule is 1 email per one Public Mobile account/phone number.

So you have to set them up separate with their own email address (& SIM)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Each account requires a separate phone number, email address and sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.