cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Canada & the US concerns

4kaz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking at switching our phones from Rogers to Public Mobile, however, I have concerns about coverage. We live in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, directly on the Port Huron, Michigan border, and we travel by car all the way down the I75 to stay in Fort Myers, Florida each winter. Do they have coverage everywhere in Canada and the US? I have looked at the coverage map, but can’t seem to see coverage everywhere necessary. So it uses Telus towers in Canada? What about in the US? I’m concerned with switching and being without coverage (we have grandfathered Rogers plans that I’d never be able to get back). It also doesn’t bode well, as a potential customer, that I can’t ask an actual employee these questions, and must rely on the advice of users (I made an account, verified the address, started a ticket, but, it would seem, that because I’m not yet a customer, it won’t verify me, so I can't actually submit it).

31 REPLIES 31

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM partners with AT&T and T-Mobile in the US.  In Canada PM uses Bell and Telus towers.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

To roam in the US you need to purchase add-ons which are valid 10 days from purchase.

• We’ve partnered with AT&T and T-Mobile to provide you with fantastic coverage. Your U.S. coverage will include all 50 states, plus Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. For more details, check out our coverage map here.
Need Help? Let's chat.