cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contemplating the Limited Time 55 for 20GB on 4G plan BUT?!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

To be honest I don't think I really need all that data and while an amazing deal especially if you take the 3x points for a year to knock it down into the 40s every month (or equivalent of), I don't know if my usage would justify that.

With that said if I did go this route, what would be the easiest and most cost effective way to park my number so that I could port it from my current PM plan - park it somewhere - and port it right back into the 20GB plan. Ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

11 REPLIES 11

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah I guess I have to weigh the pros and cons and decide if it makes it worth not being lazy lol

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JL9    You could just activate another account with the same plan you already have if you don't need the extra data and port out your current number to Lucky Mobile for $15 plan plus cost of LM SIM which I believe can be bought for $2 at dollar stores and then transfer the number back to your new account.  

So you might lose about $20 plus your referral, of course, but might be better off in the long run with the current $25 RAF plus bonus rewards which would offset some of those losses?    Bit of a hassle, of course.

somewhat, the things holding me back are the hoops id have to jump through to park the number and port twice etc and also the sheer fact I really don't think I need all that data (although it is nice to have). Another concern I have is this plan being jacked up down the road 

But i am already on the dogsh1t new points. So I would lose 1 referral but with the new account not only would I get 3x points on purchases for a year, I would presumably get the 5 welcome present of points and 10 bill credit if I use a referral code

JL9
Mayor / Maire

RIght, so if I did it I would want to get the extra 5.50 a month or $66 in rewards/savings

@softech 

Unless there has been changes porting in and out is free. And a new customer can ask a voip.ms customer for a referral code to receive an account credit. 

But the minimum top up is $15 USA dollars and I believe the DID charge is 89 cents a month. 

Porting in or out can take days to complete. 

I used to have them for a land line number. I have a $35 balance and NO monthly DID charge...because I don’t have a DID number with them.  But can use that balance for outgoing calls only anywhere where they have calling. So I put an APP on my phone with the voip.ms settings and it works. Would be good for us to call to 🇺🇸 or to any ones home country if their rates are competitive. I set up the APP 2 times....one with cell number caller ID and one with home number caller ID as you can program in any caller ID you like. The APP works on wifi or data. 

@CountyDownIeUk   @JL9   is on the new rewards system if I remember correctly, so the lost to rewards is minimal

for parking at voip.ms, there is no one time fee to port in?  or port out?  I think places like Fongo has $25 port in free and port out is only free if stayed with them for 3+ months

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Is the $55 plan enticement winning you over???

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You could save $50 one time if you used someones referral code with the $5 x 5 month RAF, $10 start up from PM, and 5 welcome points worth $5 if some one would give you a free SIM. But still.....you would lose your $ rewards account. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

To take advantage of the points you would need a new account. To park your number you could do at voip.ms for about a buck a month. But then you would lose your $ rewards account. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@JL9 

Good news is that existing customers also qualify for this time limited plan.  Just need to change plans in My account page.  You would not qualify for the 3x points for 12 months though for existing customers.  

Need Help? Let's chat.