cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly being logged out!!!

PM-Guest
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone! 

Getting so frustrated, I've been trying to do some changes in my account and browse this (very slow loading) website to look for info/answers but couldn't get far, because I've been logged out every 10-15 minutes!!! Crazy!      Is this 'normal' or can I change it somewhere? It's very frustrating and time consuming process. So far I've been logged out at least 15 times in last few hours. Takes more time to log back in, check sms code, verify captcha, refresh pages, than actual work you can get done. Phone company, and there is no phone number to call customer service! Sick!  

Does this happens to everyone or can it be adjusted? Thanks for any input.

12 REPLIES 12

@Hollister wrote:

@PM-Guest 

Try clearing your cache and then open a new browser window in incognito. If you are still having issues try later on in the morning as more often than not there is maintenance going on that cause issues with self service.

This isn't a caching issue.  For some reason, Public Mobile's server is sending some type of command to actively log customers out or is contantly checking login credentials multiples times every few minutes.  I experienced this last night and had to keep logging in every few minutes to get something done in my account.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I only use the website. I get logged out also after a few minutes of not touching the website. 

I never clear cache.  I check the box for trusted device. After about a week it will still ask for the 6 digit code.

I never use private or other modes. I find the site still will not recognize and work anyway, so after awhile you get used to it.

PM-Guest

About the main issue... I was more curious if other people also have a problem with frequent log outs or if there is something simple that can be changed in settings, that I overlooked, just like you mentioned the 2FA check box, that I didn't know about, appreciate it.  About the priv. message way of contacting cust.serv. I know, but I have newer done that yet, that's why I was searching for info in this regards, and trying to contact them  yesterday, but because so frequent log outs couldn't get it happen.

@PM-Guest   Is the main issue anything we can help with?   Although there's no phone number to call for general issues I assume you know about the private message way of contacting customer service (since the chatbot has been broken for some time)?

PM-Guest

Thanks, I will check that. This would definitely make a lot easier/faster to log in, but still wouldn't fix the main issue. P.S. No need for a screenshot. 

PM-Guest

Well, of course I don't clean cookies, etc. while signed in, just when I'm done with particular website and as I mention in previous reply, similar issues with 2 other providers were fixed after calling their cust. supp.

@PM-Guest  Next time you have to log in there's a check box under the code entry that enables the option for future log ins.  I don't usually have to do the 2FA code otherwise I'd post a screenshot for you. 

PM-Guest

Not sure what "Trusted Device option" is.

@PM-Guest I always clean cookies, cache, etc, especially when I leave one website

Then Trusted Device likely won't work for you because that's how the site remembers who you are.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@PM-Guest  Have you tried the Trusted Device option?  It's been working for me but doesn't work for everyone which may depend whether the browser history/cookies are cleared on exit.

PM-Guest

Thank you for your reply. I always clean cookies, cache, etc, especially when I leave one website and before open another (that's in my blood ) 😉  'Maintenance ...'  no, I experience the same issue no matter what day or time of the day is.  I should add, that we had  experienced very similar issue with two other service providers, using different equipment, but after calling their cust. service, they had fixed whatever was causing it and no more unnecessary log outs since. Here, no matter how big an issue you have, you can't call C.S. It's a shame. How long can you stay logged in, before you get kicked out... if at all?

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PM-Guest 

Try clearing your cache and then open a new browser window in incognito. If you are still having issues try later on in the morning as more often than not there is maintenance going on that cause issues with self service.

Need Help? Let's chat.