cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about messages online

calfyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, I'm confused. I have the funds in my account To switch my plan. I'm unable to switch my plan though so my status is now saying suspended. I simply want to change my plan. How do I do it?

21 REPLIES 21

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@calfyn wrote:

Thanks all for the help yesterday. It seems to have corrected itself. I was on edge having come from freedom who LOVED to do this. They would randomly deactivate service and say the account was not paid even though funds were there (among other things) none the less thank you. I apologise if I came across cross with anyone. 

Glad it worked out.

Many of us experienced the same issues the past week with renewal as well.

@calfyn wrote:

Thanks all for the help yesterday. It seems to have corrected itself. I was on edge having come from freedom who LOVED to do this. They would randomly deactivate service and say the account was not paid even though funds were there (among other things) none the less thank you. I apologise if I came across cross with anyone. 

@calfynGlad to hear that everything went well.  Those warnings near renewal time can cause anxiety to alot of people.  If you have the funds, as long as your service is working, don't bother login around renewal time.  In the future, PM should change that screen...  You are not the first person to post about this situation.  

calfyn

Anonymous
Not applicable

@calfyn wrote:

I don't use auto pay. I didn't subscribe to it. 

Ok great then. The rest of my post still stands. You've been here over 1.5 years. I've been here 2 months. I've seen two renewals. Both of them had all these end of the world warnings. But my service continued working through them. The last one, I didn't get the renewal text until mid-morning of renewal day. Services still worked.

calfyn

Screenshot_20180802-004117.png

calfyn

matbasm

@calfyn, since this is a prepaid service there are generally no refunds.  That said, and depending on the circumstances, it is not impossible.  You would need to contact the moderator team and present your case.  You would likely get the problem resolved much sooner than you would get a refund...

Click here to send the moderators team a private message. Moderators' hours of operation are M-F 9AM-9PM(EST) & S/S 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

calfyn

Like seriouslyLike seriously

calfyn

I don't use auto pay. I didn't subscribe to it. 

calfyn

Seriously???? Read please. 

It is susupended. So in that grey box that comes up where it says suspended it lists today's date (Aug 2 2018).

Anyways 

Whatever it is what it is. Do they issue refunds for payments made. I don't have time for this. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well then...it's likely that you're in the autopay problem of the day.

Without using autopay myself I know I get all kinds of dire warnings and messages around renewal. But calling and data still seem to work. (although I haven't yet seen what happens when I consume all my prepaid-for data).

That last day of the paid plan running over to the first day of the renewal seems to be the dodgy part of the whole deal. But as long as your services are working you should be able to get through it.

Except for autopay right now....:)

matbasm

@calfyn, where are you seeing the renewal date.  There should be 2 different dates, one day appart.  The date on the rewards page is when the actual renewal happens (overnight between the two dates).  Any chance you can go the the change plan option in the portal and do it from there?

calfyn

Yes it says my account is suspended. Data says on hold. I have not run out the system was supposed to renew my plan today...

matbasm

@calfyn, could it be that you ran out of data?  Have you checked on your selfe serve portal?

calfyn

I can text and call out but I can't access data 

matbasm

@calfyn, is your phone currently working?

calfyn

My account should not be suspended though I have the funds in the account. 

calfyn

611 also says my account is suspended. Kinda getting scared here, am I going to have another Freedom mobile experience but with public?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@calfyn  to change plans when your account is suspeneded you need to conatact the mods and have them do it. 

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

matbasm

@calfyn, When your account is in suspended state, you cannot change your plan without moderator assistance.  It is a current limitation of the system.  Just contact the mods via private message, and they can do it for you.

Click here to send the moderators team a private message. Moderators' hours of operation are M-F 9AM-9PM(EST) & S/S 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

calfyn

It's also telling me my account has enough funds. Not sure what to take on this

Need Help? Let's chat.