cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation that CS_Agent is Public Mobile Support

Sewing4funny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

In this day and age of fishing attacks, I wanted to confirm that the user account CS_Agent is able to help me with my account issues - I see a lot of posts asking to message CS_Agent and when I did, it asked me for some personal information that I should probably make sure the user is legitimately a Public Mobile customer service agent.

I know that it says "Customer Support Agent" in the description but honestly, I'm not familiar with the Community Forums and I know in other forums - that is just a "self-description" that the user can enter.  I was expecting some kind of "Star" or "Verified Public Mobile Agent Account" or something.

Sewing4funny_0-1706198465070.png

They asked for my PIN, last 4 digits of my credit card, address and account number (even though I was logged in at the time).

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sewing4funny Yes those are legit questions that CS Agent asks to validate you have info that is unique to your account.  Usually they've asked for PIN and phone number.  If you don't know PIN the list gets a lot more extensive.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Sewing4funny 

That is customer service agent.  No worries. 

Did you initially submit a ticket for CSA help or a private message?  If private message, CSA will need to verify account holder with those questions.  If submitting a ticket, less likely that those questions need to be asked.  However, sometimes CSA also will ask verifying questions even with ticket. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Sewing4funny 

yes, @CS_Agent is real Public Mobile support staff

and it is normal they ask those validation questions

So, you can answer them and there is no concern of phishing or so

Need Help? Let's chat.