cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conference Calls issue

DPhares
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Everyone, 

Can anyone please tell me if it possible to do conference call in my phone in a call ? or if that option is  not available on PM. 

cause I remember that I did it before.

15 REPLIES 15

jsm888new
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This was not a device problem. 

As I said before, send a dm to a CS_Agent and explain the problem to them.  Have them refresh their network settings and then restart your phone.  Hope it works out.

Hi @Deesy   that sounds like a device problem.  Look like you didn't join everyone properly

and test on another phone

Deesy

My issue is the first person called can hear but not participate 

Deesy

It worked for us at first too, then suddenly reverted to having the first caller muted. Please fix this!!

Deesy

Having the same problem- we conference call every Saturday and Sunday- what are the chances this issue can be fixed b4 we attempt our usual conference call tomorrow morning??

thanks for the update @jsm888 

jsm888

Specifically the agent said,

"I refreshed the network settings from our end. Please restart your phone to reconnect to the network."

This resolved the issue. 

jsm888

I sent a dm to a CS_Agent and they were able to reset something on their side which resolved the issue.  

JLCantley

We have the same issue as jsm888 above.  When we initiate a conference call from a phone with the PM SIM, call 1 is put on hold, then call 2 made. When the calls are merged (originator, call1, call2) call1 recipient can hear the others, but the others can't hear them.  We've tried it both by 'add call' and by 'hold call' options before making the call2, they both end up with the same result - a 3 way call where one party can't be heard by the others.  I tried the same process starting with a phone with a Telus SIM, to two numbers with PM SIMs and the 3 way conference works fine. So for us the conference call feature does not work properly when initiated from a PM SIM phone.  Finding this rather frustrating since this thread goes back to Jan 13'23 and the issue is not resolved.  We joined PM a couple weeks ago ourselves, so rather disappointed to see it taking so long to resolve basic issues....and this being the only forum to raise them apparently with no live chat or phone support.

jsm888

Hello!

I have been having the similar issues with my conference calls recently. I use conference calls more than average (weekly I'd guess) and only recently there have been issues. 

My issue is when I merge the call, I can't hear the party who I called initially, but they can hear me. There is no issue with the person who I call second.   

Can someone from support explain why this is happening, because I'm procedurally doing it properly and it is connecting with all parties.  When my coworker starts the conference call on another network, it works perfectly on my phone.  

Thanks!

DPhares

not ye

@DPhares 

I don't do a lot of conference calling (or 3-way calling) however I don't believe you have to start it by manually putting the first caller on hold.

I believe you just "add a call" and when the third party answers, simply merge the calls.

That has worked for me in the past. 

See PM article re this:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/conference-calling

@DPhares did you try making your PM  sim card in another phone and try to make a test 3 ways call? try it. and see if it is the same 

DPhares

Every time I make a conference call, the one I put on hold not be able to hear the conversation after finished to add the other one in the line but I can see every body connected together, only the second personne can hear the conversation 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DPhares yes all plans include conf. calling. 

you have trouble using it?  let us know what issue

Need Help? Let's chat.