cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibele with general Mobile?

Gamma3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone know if public mobile is compatible with General Mobile 6D?

This model is not listed in the check section.

7 REPLIES 7

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Then you might as well just get a phone that we know will work.  Like @darlicious said there are lots on the market at affordable cost.  Just so a bit a research to find one that suits your needs.  I got one for my GF not long ago from Best Buy Samsung A10s -nothing fancy does has everything she needs.  With tax $205 but they have open box deals that come in pretty cheap about $150.  Or refurb for around $100 but not the best of choices.

There are lots of used unlocked phones as well if your on a tight budget. Lots of cheap Chinese phones also but just make sure they are compatible.

Best of luck in your search!

@Gamma3 

It's a pretty good android phone made by a Turkish company partnered with Google but its almost exclusively made for the Turkish market so compatible with their cellular network. It's probably not going to perform well with any canadian provider.

@Gamma3 

Going by the other models listed it doesn't look good. It's not really a phone made for the North American market. You might be better off shopping for a new phone. There's lots of threads in the phones and hardware board about new phones between $100 to $300 that have a lot more value compared to their cost.

Gamma3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you. The only model information I have is GM6D.

It is not listed here nor on willmyphonework.net.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone who is using Public Mobile as well so I cannot check.

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you know someone on Public mobile you can pop in their SIM card as a test as well.

https://willmyphonework.net/

@Gamma3 

I would double check your exact model of phone at the above link to be sure. If i entered the correct model then it doesnt support talk (needs 3G). But I'm unsure of your exact model.

*It has some of the bandz for talk but you may have trouble with data

GSM

Compatibility - 2 out of 2 bands supported
100%

Interface Name Supported by device?

GSM850Yes
GSM1900 (PCS)Yes

Supported GSM Protocols

Name Generation Supported by device?

GPRS2.5GYes
EDGE2.5GYes

UMTS