cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Rewards

jessicamzbg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

Im new to the community and would like to know how I am able to earn community rewards to save extra money? thank you! 

14 REPLIES 14

gayle9

Thank you

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jessicamzbg wrote:

how do i help others? by answering in their posts? or are there other ways?

Just " post"    ... they say there is a secret recipe but just posting seems to be the main factor. As long as it pertains to  PM and the service here it seems to count  so don't get stuck on just answering questions .  That said other participants will likely get irritable  if you post illegible posts or the like just  to get your count up .   

Welcome to PM    😀

edited to ad ... like was said above, the autopay is  about the most cost effective savings , getting friends to join is likely the next best  as it is $1 a month for you as long as they remain customers , and participating here is a distant third . (you could likely make more per hour picking up pop cans on the side of the road )  ..and then the loyalty  is going to be a freebie for just being a customer and sticking around .

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

oops  sorry  ...musta bumped the switch ...you may as well delete this . 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BlueB 

Lol....nice answer!

@jessicamzbg 

Its best to use treat the forum as your entry into the public mobile community college program. Come here to learn everything you can about how public mobile mobile works, your service, your self serve account and how to manage them. Public mobile's service is DIY. It gives you almost full control over your mobile service and account so unlikeother provider's where you hsve to call them to change something or order a certain service at pm you do that yourself. 

If you have a problem with your phone you come to the community and post you question. Other members will help you troubleshoot the issue, test different aspects of it and by giving feedback we isolate the problem and offer suggestions on how to fix it. The same goes with service if your data isn't working or how you change your plan or how a flash sale works. The only thing we can't do is fix certain account only problems like you accidently bought the wrong add on....we can tell how to avoid making the mistake in thd first place but ultimately you will have to contact the moderators.

Our purpose as community members helping other community members is to avoid that dreaded phrase "Contact the moderators" here's how....but when it an account issue that only they can access and fix then we begrudgingly do....but part of the fun of helping others is trying to figure out what the issue is, what caused it and how do we fix it without getting pm involved ? Kind of like when you were a kid in trouble and you would try anything to get out of a mess without them ever finding out!

So as you participate in the community you learn as go.....at first being the one who asks a lot of questions and you post, bravo answers or posts that you agree with, learn from or for me often the ones that make me laugh! You can contribute to threads are a discussion of a certain topic, share you personal experience on activating your sim card or your first referral and as you gain knowledge you can then help others. 

If a member asks a question that you don't know the answer to make the search bar your best friend. Type the key words or the question the OP (original poster)has asked and tap "go". You will get a list of similar questions some wth a green checkmark indicating a solution. Read a few and if the solution is the same you likely have the answer or solution. If you are pretty sure but not 100% sure then mention it. If you get corrected acknowledge it and edit your post if necessary.

A great piece of advice I was given despite my utter lack of computer skills was...."Remember google is your friend!" There have been many times with eyes glazed over reading some technobabble between the computer science types that I google the subject to wrap my brain around it in layman's terms or find a solution that I may not understand but it works!

Make your goal in the community to learn how to manage your account and service. Make your reward the thank you from a fellow customer you helped, commiserated with or simply made laugh after a frustrating activation.  The actual community reward $$ is a pleasant surprise in your account like a scratch and win ticket that gives you back the cash you spent on it.

Welcome to the community and welcome to public mobile!

Screenshot_20210731-003813~2.png

Here are your stats so far.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jessicamzbg...probly the easiest reward of them all is the Autopay Reward. If you register your valid credit card or debit card on your account, then enable Autopay...you'll get $2 off your regular renewal cost. So the $25 plan will cost $23 (plus taxes) with Autopay Reward applied.

It's just that easy. Welcome to Public Mobile.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jessicamzbg 

No problem at all.  Feel free to use the @ symbol to tag a users so we know who the post is directed to.  It also appears in the Notification list (the Bell icon, top-right corner) to get their attention (kinda).

There are other threads discussing this, but long story short, don't aim for the high-$ rewards.  The time you spend in these forums to earn those rewards are many, many hours... ie. not worth it!  Having fun and participating however much you can is the important part.  Aiming for the lower $1-2 rewards seems to be more deserving of people's time.  There are some different thoughts on this, but that's what I got out of it... and for me?  Just having fun and being able to help others is rewarding in its own way!  🙂

jessicamzbg

ok great! thank you for your help! 😍😀

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jessicamzbg 

when someone post a question like you now you did post it and the getting help for that answer the will put it an accepted as solution.

BlueB

@jessicamzbg 

Yes, essentially by clicking on REPLY and answering their posts is the main way.  If your post gets recognized as the Solution (thank you, btw), it's tracked separately and has its own weight to the "recipe" of earning you a reward.  Clicking to give Bravos also adds to the "recipe" of a reward.

That "recipe" is secret and nobody really knows how it all calculates, with the possible exception of @darlicious who manually tracks some of our progress and understands a little more.  Even though she's like the resident expert, it's still a formula she doesn't know 100% - it's really only Public Mobile staff that know!  🙂

jessicamzbg

how do i help others? by answering in their posts? or are there other ways?

BlueB

@jessicamzbg 

Welcome to the Public Mobile Community!  🙂

You're in the perfect place.  Community Rewards are given based on participation of you, as a user, helping other users in this community.  Many users have different questions/issues, and pitching in to help out will build yourself to earn a reward.  (For example, this post in reply to you helps to build a potential reward for me.  :))

For more details, check out this page:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/give-help

Then let us know if you still have any other questions!  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jessicamzbg 

you looking for earn community rewards, you have to help other 

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

jessicamzbg

how many community rewards do i need to earn before i can save for example 1 dollar? thank you! 

Need Help? Let's chat.