cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Involvement Rewards

govserv1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am just curious how much posting and involvement on the community board results in the lowering of my monthly bill.

12 REPLIES 12

@ShawnC13 wrote:
I don't know of a way to find out who many active accounts there are with PM each month as it could fluctuate greatly. Just from the people, I know on PM from family and friends and their referrals I would be surprised if it was close to 1%

Up until a few years ago the Bravo Leaderboard was public, so accurate numbers for active users could be observed or calculated. While reasonably accurate Telus numbers (including Public Mobile numbers, as a category) could be extrapolated from marketing, shareholder reports, and various industry-observing pundits.

At the time, when I was curious enough to check and compare things, it seemed like Public Mobile had between 275,000 and 300,000 subscribers, like the PM Community had some 24,000 registered members (who may or may not have ever been subscribers), and about 1700 of these had received at least one Bravo in the previous 30 days.

I assumed that the vast majority of Community members were subscribers at some point, that many of these might no longer be with PM, that not very many would be bots and spammers (since the Mods and Oracles were very aggressive about nuking and banning that trash behind the scenes). And I assumed that all of those who were active were all PM subscribers, since it seems pointless to ask questions, answer questions, be helpful, and earn Community Rewards without an account.

At the time, PM was reeling from unanticipated response to a killer promo, drowning under a botched series of Koodo migration offers, drowning even more when Self-Serve was overwhelmed and the strained Telus number porting machinery broke down, and suffering from a lot of negative press by a horde of angry customers and CRTC/CCTS threats/complaints. So I recall things being a lot more active in these forums than usual, lol.

But if those numbers are roughly consistent each month and roughly representative of current trends then there's probably still about 1700(ish) active PM Community members every month. Then again, who can tell how Lucky/Public/Chatr have rescaled their equilibriums, how many (if any) Freedom/Shaw refugees have arrived after Rogers bought them out, what effect a couple years of covid has done to this corner of the internet, etc. All I know for certain is that there's a lot more shameless spammers around here than there used to be.

For a quick-and-dirty calculation ... find a user profile with a Top% badge, it'll say how many users received that badge this time around, just do the arithmetic. If 5 users earned Top 1% then there were probably 500 total active users.

@barndoor wrote:

Ok  ... they advertise that you can make up to   $20 /30 days  ... that's wonderful  but they don't bother informing us in the same ad  that it is only what? ... a very low percentage that post here that can attain that . And then it is only less than half of the rest  that post here that can get anything  as far as community rewards go anyway ... which is what I understood the OP to be asking about .  

Just curious  Oh "Statistician" , what percentage of PM customers even post here ? 

@barndoor, I don't know of a way to find out who many active accounts there are with PM each month as it could fluctuate greatly. Just from the people, I know on PM from family and friends and their referrals I would be surprised if it was close to 1%

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : I agree that the marketing of the $20 is a misnomer and misleading. Being able to get that is by invite only.

I'm sure you're well familiar with all the regulars. Then some newbs come in and have a go and good for them. It's not certain at what point they cut off those eligible for the minimum dollar. Maybe there's a gap in the calculation there and they figure well we'll draw the line there this time. But it does fluctuate in relation to the overall traffic. Or they just draw the line at the total  amount of reward payout that they want to stop at. I dunno. It's their show.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ok  ... they advertise that you can make up to   $20 /30 days  ... that's wonderful  but they don't bother informing us in the same ad  that it is only what? ... a very low percentage that post here that can attain that . And then it is only less than half of the rest  that post here that can get anything  as far as community rewards go anyway ... which is what I understood the OP to be asking about .  

Just curious  Oh "Statistician" , what percentage of PM customers even post here ? 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

A faster way to reduce your bill are through referrals $1 for each one. You can read up on past posts and solutions.   Helping other community members is more rewarding.  The award is an added bonus.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you like to help people  ...readup and contribute here . If you just want to reduce your bill ...stay at your place of employment for an extra hour a year  . 😉

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@govserv1 wrote:

I am just curious how much posting and involvement on the community board results in the lowering of my monthly bill.

@govserv1 

Community Rewards are awarded by your contribution (time spent in the Community forums). What I have read is there is no exact know way who or why certain people get reward certain amounts (it is top secret).  😛

But if you read up posts and know answers to some you can contribute by either asking or answer them.

There is no set /written limit to how much time, bravos, posts, solutions, questions you need to be involved in to receive community rewards

Spend time reading posts, asking questions and answering when you know you can help and you will likely be rewarded!!

Additionally, you could contribute for one 30 day period, get rewarded; then the next 30 day period it resets, so you would need to continue to contribute for any rewards to be given on a continuous basis.

But if you take a break, no worries, just come back when you can!

Oops.jpeg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@govserv1 

there is really no exact number how to get $1 or $2 or so.  This is a secret formula that no one able to crack it yet.. (just like the recipe for Coke or KFC.. top secret) 

try start slowly.  Follow the Community..  Post questions you have with PM service or anything mobile related.  Try  reply any question that you have an answer.  Also remember to bravo posts.   Spend an hour or two every week.    Good things will come eventually.

And most importantly, you need to enjoy helping others and put the reward as only a bonus.   

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@govserv1 wrote:

For a simple $2 off your regular plan...just register your credit card and set Autopay. Every time your plan renews...you'll get $2 off the bill. eg; $15 plan minus $2 Autopay Reward is $13 (plus taxes).

@govserv1 wrote:

There are no exact numbers. The rewards are based on certain aspect of participation, primarily having to do with the amount of bravos received.  The amount needed to receive a reward changes each month based on the participation of all others.

Need Help? Let's chat.