cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come back to Public Mobile Email

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I received an email see below, however I am STILL a public mobile account holder. I'd LOVE the discounts offered and want to be sure I am still considered an active account. I have cell service and did log into my account (only on a laptop) and it showed my account, but it makes me nervous.

We’ve been
thinking about you.

Hey, we’ve noticed you’re no longer with Public & we’d love to have you back.

With Canada’s most affordable plans, no contracts or commitments, and rewards that save you more, we’ve got you, and your wallet, in mind.

An exclusive offer just for you:

Activate before June 30, 2020 using this email

*&*((&(&*&*(

for major savings of up to $200*.

Get $10 off your bill for 12 months

when you activate on a plan $25/mo or lower
(Total value: $120)

OR

Get $15 off your bill for 12 months

when you activate on a plan $40/mo or higher
(Total value: $180)

+

Even more savings of $2/mo when you

How to redeem this offer:

Get a Public Mobile SIM card online.

Activate your SIM card online before June 30, 2020 using *&(*&(&* as your “Username (email address)”. We’ll use this email to know who to apply the discount to.

Choose a plan that works for you and finish activating.**

That’s it! You’ll get your first credit applied to your account within 30 days of activating. Don’t worry, we’ll also send a confirmation text when it’s applied.

** Please note this offer is not stackable with other promo codes or promotions. The offer will no longer apply if the rate plan is changed during the 12 month period

19 REPLIES 19

JAMAME903
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi sir/madam

I got a promotional email to come back to public mobile & I transferred my # & I didnot get the discount saving of $15 .

I was asked to use my email address as user name but the sytem was no accepting my email it saying " this email was used". Salahjamame@gmail.com.

Now I paid a full plan cost that was $40 plus tax. Can someone help me :

1 to apply the discount to my account.

2 put my email " salahjamame@gmail.com as the sytem was not taking it.

I used alternative email to activate my new SIM card.

Thanks for your help

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping : I understand. What seems to be being asked is that active customers using the email address that the promo was sent to are wondering about being able to get the promo for a new account with an already active account using the same email address. I say not. Or can one ask the mods to change your active account email address and then use the promo for a new account? Dunno.

All this begs the question...why are active accounts getting this email promo when they have an active account using that email address?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Even still, if one has left PM or let it deactivate...how can one activate? Isn't it that one can't activate using a previously used email address? Or, during activation, are they going to filter for those addresses on the fly and let the activation proceed? Seems like someone could even stumble unknowingly into this promo just by activating an old email address. Then they come here wondering how the heck they're paying 3 bucks for cell service as popping laid out.

@Anonymous we were told that now people are able to use an email that they have once used with Public Mobile if the account is no longer active

Then of course that makes sense with this offer. 🙂

Edit: but I'm not sure @popping is right that an active email address can be used on a new account to get the promo. He says the name, which is right, but I doubt an active account can activate a new account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/10-off-your-bill/m-p/550143#M113603

- I said "...using the email which received the offer..."

- I am assuming that PM sent this offer to the email address of a canceled account.

- I am also assuming that PM already removed those email address from PM system to allow those to activate this offer using an previously used with PM email address.

i updated my post to let reader know that PM wants full payment of the plan fee during activation and add credit to account after activation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Even still, if one has left PM or let it deactivate...how can one activate? Isn't it that one can't activate using a previously used email address? Or, during activation, are they going to filter for those addresses on the fly and let the activation proceed? Seems like someone could even stumble unknowingly into this promo just by activating an old email address. Then they come here wondering how the heck they're paying 3 bucks for cell service as popping laid out.

@Anonymous we were told that now people are able to use an email that they have once used with Public Mobile if the account is no longer active

Then of course that makes sense with this offer. 🙂

Edit: but I'm not sure @popping is right that an active email address can be used on a new account to get the promo. He says the name, which is right, but I doubt an active account can activate a new account.

@Anonymous wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

LoreckAvery

Exactly my thinking. However I’m worried my auto renew won’t go thru and I want that deal! Lol

@LoreckAvery wrote:

However my account is active and the email

is used for this account 

@LoreckAvery  If that is the case then you will not be able to activate a new sim with that email.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LoreckAvery  If the email that is mentioned  in that message the same email that you are currently using then you will not be able to activate a sim card with that email. Sounds like the PM programming team messed up. 🤔

@buang99 wrote:

How do I get this offer lol

This is a targeted offer.  If you were targeted, then you can get it by following the terms of the deal.  

@LoreckAvery wrote:

is used for this account 

Could an email alias be involved here perhaps?  Check the recipient information carefully.  

LoreckAvery

is used for this account 

I also think it's a way to clean up the system in general.

With email accounts that have no activity can be deleted from the system? The worst-case scenario is the person such the OP mentioned that he is already with Public Mobile, that no response would mean no activity = no longer with Public Mobile? = deletion from the system. I hope not, because that's a new can of worms! 

@buang99 

@buang99 wrote:

@buang99 I guess you have to leave lol, don't worry something will come along for existing customers just hang in there 😁

buang99

dabr
Mayor / Maire

....when you activate on a plan $25/mo or lower
(Total value: $120)

@LoreckAvery   Sounds like a great offer...but I've never seen any offers advertised as $25/  or lower before.  Why would PM not just say activate on plan $15 or higher/more? 

Edit:  nevermind upon re-reading it makes sense 😊

@hairbag1 wrote:

They've just rolled this promo out this afternoon and you prolly recieved it by mistake...as many others apparently have too.

Take a look at condition #2.  It looks like email is the identifier for qualification.  So it looks like they are rummaging through old emails that are no longer associated with active accounts and using that to target this new deal.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

They've just rolled this promo out this afternoon and you prolly recieved it by mistake...as many others apparently have too.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@LoreckAvery , I saw another customer post about this deal.  It is totally legit.  I suppose you qualify if you follow all the terms as laid out in the email.  It looks like the email that received the offer is what is used to confirm eligibility.  Activate with that email and you are good to go.  There is an opportunity to swap accounts and save some money.  The porting can be a bit of work if you want to keep the phone number.  You would need to port to a different service and then back in.  

Need Help? Let's chat.