cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Apologies in advance if this is explained clearly elsewhere but having been away for a few days I have neither the time nor patience to wade through various topics and pages to get an idea of where things are at.

As far as I'm aware all I have received officially from PM was a couple weeks ago and it was the rate increase notice and an offer of 4GB/$40 per month with Koodo and then the subsequent increase being rescinded but the Koodo offer still stands with the end date being March 15.

I have read now that there's apparently been another message sent that some have received with the Koodo offer being 5GB/$40 per month. I have NOT received this message myself nor have two other PM customers I manage. Looking through this forums quickly I am seeing a very confusing "yes you just need code / you have to show text / you can do online / you can't do online / can only be done at Koodo store / my Koodo store had no clue" et. cetera.

@Dave_M/ @CS_Agent :

So what's the official word? Your message from a couple weeks says this: "As a brand, we have always been proud of our transparency, and of our commitment to our customers. We are sincerely sorry for any frustration caused and we want you to know that this has been a learning experience for us all."

Ok, be transparent then and I don't think I am asking for a lot here - what's going on? What should we be doing and/or planning, as customers? Will there still be a rate increase/plan change for the affected customers? If so will there still be a comparable Koodo offer at that time? Should we be jumping on the current offer? And what IS the current offer?? If the desire is to get us to move to Koodo then why is there seemingly so much confusion even at Koodo about this?

Can we get some kind of official statement?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

kentnleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@koimr1wrote:

@Ludditewrote:

@koimr1 No, don't wait for another text. If 5/40 interests you just go to a Koodo kiosk. If you are eligible they will already have your phone number on record. Try this thread for more info: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Switch-to-koodo-from-PM-with-WOW-mobile-F...

Thanks @Luddite - as luck (for lack of a better word) would have it I have a voicemail now from a Koodo rep saying, "just in case you haven't heard we're slowly migrating all customers from Public Mobile to Koodo Mobile."

I guess I'll be going to my local Koodo store (message wanted me to go to one in another town), sucks as I rather liked the people here. 😞

any store would do, as long as they carry the koodo plans

koimr1

@Ludditewrote:

@koimr1 No, don't wait for another text. If 5/40 interests you just go to a Koodo kiosk. If you are eligible they will already have your phone number on record. Try this thread for more info: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Switch-to-koodo-from-PM-with-WOW-mobile-F...

Thanks @Luddite - as luck (for lack of a better word) would have it I have a voicemail now from a Koodo rep saying, "just in case you haven't heard we're slowly migrating all customers from Public Mobile to Koodo Mobile."

I guess I'll be going to my local Koodo store (message wanted me to go to one in another town), sucks as I rather liked the people here. 😞

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

koimr1

Thanks @kentnleung and @NDesai, so basically I am up to speed then and know as much as everyone else which isn't a lot.

I will wait and see if I get an offer myself before I even try reading anything else here. 🙂

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

"Just to clarify your concerns, offers are being sent to specific customers on specific plans - not everyone will be receiving the same offer therefor it is possible that you hear of different texts being sent" Mary_M.

As for an official word on the changes, we have no clue on what will happen and what is the future goal for PM. We would also love to hear from them sooner rather than later.  

kentnleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@koimr1

there are no official statement, nor will there probably ever be one.

yes, there is a code for the $40/5GB plan but its not official, as no text were ever sent containing said code, the code is valid for people who have received a text for the 40/4 plan earlier and is from PM.

you'll need to do some research and find the exact code, not sure if i can paste it on th forum here.

you'll need to port to koodo directly or via any mobile carrier kiosks in malls, costco, walmart etc.

you may or may not be charged the $15 fee from koodo, rep dependent.

there is an extra $50 referral credit that goes back down to $25 after march 1, PM me if you need the referral link.

the $100 is meant to offset any prepaid amount you will lose after porting.

Need Help? Let's chat.