cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese smartphone in B.C. Data issues.

Ed
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I recently upgraded my phone to a uhans i8. Since then the data has not worked. I am using an old SIM card. Do you think this is a hardware issue or a sim issue? Or is it something else all together?

I would love some help,

ED

7 REPLIES 7

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@Ed

I don't think those are the correct specs for your phone. If voice calls are working, it means you have WCDMA 850 and/or 1900.

Data is available on all frequency bands, so I would suspect your APN settings are incorrect.

@Ed wrote:

The net work avaliable for the phone is

2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE Band 1/3/7/8/20.

i have no idea what this means. Will it work?

Are you able to make outgoing call and outgoing text?  

Public mobile doesnt have 2G netowkr as rogers.  it all relies on 3G connection.

@Ed wrote:

It looks like you've got a phone has only limited compability with the Telus network.

I'm actually surprised that it connects for calls and texts.

From @sheytoon's post that I linked to:

@sheytoon wrote:

Minimum recommended phone specs:

• 3G UMTS/W-CDMA/HSPA: B2 (1900) and B5 (850)
  • 4G FDD-LTE: B4, B5, B12/B17

Currently VoLTE is not available and voice calls are only on 3G. SMS and data can work on 3G or LTE. Fastest data speeds are on LTE.

For LTE, these are all of the available bands on the network: 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 29, 30. Some bands are available in some locations, others available elsewhere. B66 will be coming next.

Any phone you are considering should have B4, B5, B12 (or B17 instead of B12) for minimum coverage.

B2, B7 (and B66 shortly) will give you faster speeds. The rest are not really necessary.

The only band that the network and your phone have in common is band 7. Band 7 is not available everywhere, though.

Ed

phone calls and text messages both work.

Ed

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Ed wrote:

Hello,

I recently upgraded my phone to a uhans i8. Since then the data has not worked. I am using an old SIM card. Do you think this is a hardware issue or a sim issue? Or is it something else all together?

I would love some help,

ED

I couldn't find the manufacturer's website, so can't confirm... Are you sure your phone supports PM's / Telus' LTE frequencies?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/LTE-network-fundamentals/m-p/198799/highl...

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Ed Check your APN settings. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...

Need Help? Let's chat.