cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice

Kenholley25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My old 3G plan renewed on July 12 - they offered me an upgrade on July 13 and I selected to do it - it charge me for a whole new plan - so I paid twice this month - it must be a glitch in the system - can someone look into this and provide a credit?

10 REPLIES 10

johnnycake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well that is encouraging, thanks. Brought my blood pressure down into a safer zone.

@johnnycake   ok, you have a strong argument, I think they will help out.  Usually they can do something with plan change mistake on day one

Just in case you didn't get a reply you like from the first agent, don't give up, ask them to escalate

johnnycake

Yes thanks, I have put in a ticket. Whether there was a warning or not, to be charged $40 for a plan that was changed within 5 minutes, with no data or other usage, is clearly wrong, policy notwithstanding. I shall feel extremely ripped off if they don't make some concession. Sigh.

@johnnycake   when you make a plan change, there are two choices:

Change plan now and Change on renewal date

E2-ChangePlanNow.jpg

I believe there was enough warning about using Change Plan now. 

But , still open a ticket with PM Support and tell them the situation, and maybe they can work out something with you .  Please open ticket with PM using chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

johnnycake

I started my wife on a 5gb plan and then noticed a 15gb plan at the same cost so I switched immediately. I saw no such warning. If there were a warning, it wasn't obvious enough to get my attention and I'm not a noob. Many others have made the error, so it's clearly a trap and an unscrupulous business practice. Shame on PM. 

Anyone know how to lodge a complaint? Thanks.

K1968

I was charged for current plan ($25)  AND plan I selected for the following month ($35). Still showing plan as $25...............

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Kenholley25 

you can given a tried contact to support team by Private Message CS_Agent 

mention @computergeek541  but there are no guarantees for a credit maybe,

@Kenholley25 wrote:

Well I guess that's why you read the fine print - PM has been good to me - this would be my first issue - that's disappointing, but I guess it's my bad.

You can try expressing your disappointment of this policy to a customer support agent, but there are no guarantees. The warning when perfomring an immediate plan change is presented in a large red box.

Kenholley25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well I guess that's why you read the fine print - PM has been good to me - this would be my first issue - that's disappointing, but I guess it's my bad.

@Kenholley25 wrote:

My old 3G plan renewed on July 12 - they offered me an upgrade on July 13 and I selected to do it - it charge me for a whole new plan - so I paid twice this month - it must be a glitch in the system - can someone look into this and provide a credit?

Unortunately, this isn't a glitch. When the plan was changed, you would have been charged the full price for the new plan and there aren't any refunds on unused portions of the plan that you changed from.  When performing an immediate plan change, a warning is shown to you saying:

"BEFORE YOU PROCEED

• The change will take effect immediately.
  • Should you choose to change plan now ahead of your next renewal date, no refund or credit will be given for any unused portion of the plan.
  • After changing your plan, you will loose your current promotions."
Need Help? Let's chat.