cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for service, service not provided.

dskrenes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I paid for the 10-day US roaming several times while in the US. Half the time I paid for this service, it would not work. They day I purchased, it would not start working, and never started to work at any time throughout the 10 days. Other times it would work. It was random. I was charged ALL times. This is not a Load Fund, then actually buying the add-on issue. This add-on was actually charged to my VISA, and I was not given the service. Since you cannot purchase the 10-day US roaming again, within that 10 days, if you have already bought it, I was unable to buy it again. However, I did not have the service. I was crossing the country by car for work/school and did not have any GPS to navigate. It was an incredibly stressful trip! I instead bought other add-on, more expensive, and offering less than what I needed at the time. This happened several times! And yes, my VISA was charged, and no, my data in the US and no phone calls in the US were working. I would like a refund on these, please. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

HI @dskrenes   , 

PM= Public Mobile

open a ticket with PM support, click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

@dskrenes wrote:

I am back in Canada. The damage was already done. I was stranded on a highway for a while. Again this happened several times. 

What is PM? Can you please provide me with a link? Thank you for your help! 

PM = Public Mobile.

This forum is for members and customers, just like you. We are not Public Mobile representatives. PM representatives are called Customer Support Agents (CSA).

Two ways to reach CSA for account issues are here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

dskrenes

I am back in Canada. The damage was already done. I was stranded on a highway for a while. Again this happened several times. 

What is PM? Can you please provide me with a link? Thank you for your help! 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @dskrenes   did you switch between T-Mobile and AT&T and see which one works better?  Some states/cities are better with one and not the other and it is advised to tried both and see which one connected and working

Are you back in Canada already?  File a complain with PM.  We saw reports that they will do something to compensate.  I understand you want the service more than compensation, but it is good to let PM aware of the issue as well.

dskrenes

Thank you. I have sent a private ticket to your Agents. Appreciate the link. 

Darya 

dskrenes

The original purchases have not been made while in the middle of the 10-day period. I make the purchase AFTER the previous 10-day period has finished, and my add-on is actually expired. To be cleared, I am not purchasing add-ons twice.

This is all explained in my message. I am fully fully aware of how add-ons are purchased. As stated in my message, this was NOT JUST added to the account, but actually CHARGED TO MY CREDIT CARD. This is why I am posting this message. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@dskrenes Buying add-ons is a two step process. First it adds funds to your account and then you have to go buy add-ons again. Second time it will use the funds you added to your account. So even though you were charged on your card, it doesn't mean add-on was added. Other issue could be phone related. Roaming must be on or other connectivity issue. 
If you think you didn't get all out of the add-ons you meant to use it for, you can try contacting PM CSA agent as they are the ones who can check things in your account. 

Contact a Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is no guarantee of a refund but you could try contacting a CSA.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dskrenes wrote:

I paid for the 10-day US roaming several times while in the US. Half the time I paid for this service, it would not work. They day I purchased, it would not start working, and never started to work at any time throughout the 10 days. Other times it would work. It was random. I was charged ALL times. This is not a Load Fund, then actually buying the add-on issue. This add-on was actually charged to my VISA, and I was not given the service. Since you cannot purchase the 10-day US roaming again, within that 10 days, if you have already bought it, I was unable to buy it again. However, I did not have the service. I was crossing the country by car for work/school and did not have any GPS to navigate. It was an incredibly stressful trip! I instead bought other add-on, more expensive, and offering less than what I needed at the time. This happened several times! And yes, my VISA was charged, and no, my data in the US and no phone calls in the US were working. I would like a refund on these, please. Thank you.

@dskrenes  - there is an issue with buying the same back to back USA Roaming addons. You can only do it once the 1st one has been purchased over 240 hours.

IT IS strange you were charged though. OR, does that mean the $'s only show up in your Available Funds area?

IF so, the addon was never really added to your account.

Those Available Funds will be used for future renewals of your account.

If you do NOT see the extra funds in your Available Funds area, but you were charged on your credit card and they are authorized transactions, then maybe you have something to inquire about with CSA's via a ticket...?

Need Help? Let's chat.