cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged and don't even have an account

brennanmcgee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok so I'm magnificently frustrated.

I tried to sign up for an account today under a plan that cost $65 bucks with tax. Upon submission of my payment information I was greeted with a message that there was an error with my banking info. No big deal, I thought. Then I checked my bank account online and was shown that I was charged the amount of $65.55 THREE times by this company. What frustrates me is that I still don't have an account or active service with you guys, and whenever I try to re-register it says there's a problem with my SIM card.

You guys owe me money for a service I'm not even getting.

5 REPLIES 5

Sadly, I suspect that these amounts will be finalized and posted as completed transactions to your credit card.  Yes, the charges you are seeing now are pre-authorized pending charges, but since you are seeing those charges online, it means that there was no problem with it going through at all.  With Public Mobile erroneously reporting an issue with the payment, I strongly suspect that the problem is on the Public Mobile end.  You will have to wait to see if those transactions get posted.  Unfortunately, double/triple charges is something that Public Mobile has done in the past based on previously complaints about this.  Public Mobile will/should refund you the extra charges, but this is a bit of hassle for you.

As for your service not working, that would be because the Public Mobile billing system thinks that you haven't paid.  When it comes to the sim card error message, Public Mobile's system tends to mark sim cards as already in use even when it was never activated correctly.  A Public Mobile moderator should be able to get your service working.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @brennanmcgee,

If you paid using a credit card and are seeing the charges on your online statement, you are only seeing the temporary authorizations for the charges as @KMG stated, they are not actual charges until they get posted. In most cases, these charges will disappear as the credit card company realizes that they payment did not actually went through. But in the rare case that it does get posted, you will have to contact the Moderators to have them reverse the charges.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

See this post for a potential explanation:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Tried-to-activate-ahd-had-credit-card...

Often it is just a temporary authorization that is put on the credit card when you attempt to charge it.  If the charge does not actually go through (such as in your case), then the charge is removed and does not go on to your final bill.

I would recommend that you wait a couple days to see if the temporary charges are removed or finalized.  If the charges stay, then simply contact a moderator and they can remove them for you.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi sorry for the bad exoerience, You need to send the moderators a private message

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address
- sim number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry to hear of your activiations issues.  You will need the help of a moderator to resolve this issue. The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.  Good luck.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.