cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the old phone to IPhone 14 5G - Can I still use the existing plan?

Cookiemama1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I am trying to replace my old iphone to new Iphone 14 5G. 

Currently, I am using bring your own phone plan - $40 for 4.5GB at 3G Speed. 

I would like to continue to use this same plan and same phone number. 

Even though the new Iphone 14 is 5G, can I still use 3G speed plan? Also, can I simply buy new SIM card and update the SIM number in my profile in order to use existing plan with same phone number?

Please let me know. 

Thank you very much.  

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Cookiemama1234 

Your account is all in the old SIM so just put the old SIM in the iPhone 14.

Please note that PM operates on 3G and now 4G so go to the Cellular Data Options settings and set it to LTE/4G.

5G will drain the phone battery quicker.

I thought the iPhone 14 is on pre-order and not available until September 26?

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, you can use the iPhone 14 with PM. You just pop out the SIM card and place it into the new iPhone SIM slot.

Logan2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, you can still use the 3G plan, although you won't be able to take full advantage of the phone's capabilities. You should also be able to swap out sim cards, no need for a new number. I did that with my iphone 11 pro. Sometime's i get LTE and sometimes 3G, it depends on where you are.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Cookiemama1234   Changing phones does not affect your plan or account or phone number.  You just need to remove the SIM from the old phone and insert into new phone and reboot.

edit:  No need to update the SIM in account as it's already registered.  You only need to do that if replacing the SIM card with a new one.

Need Help? Let's chat.