cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing subscription

Hlq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I switch to a U.S./can plan Oct24 before my present subscription ends (a 90 day plan due to end Dec. 13 )  will my remaining funds go towards the new plan or will I loose that money 

11 REPLIES 11

@hTideGnow Agreed. Especially if it's only a $5 savings per 30 days. $15 is pretty good, $10 is okay. But you have to think about what could change over the next 90 days and see if it's worth it. For my parents who just want to set it and forget it, 90 day plans might work. I've personally changed my plan 3 times in the past year or so. Before that I had the same plan for 2 years. It just keeps getting better and better around here 👌

Hi @DennyCrane 

the 90 days were ok when PM has same plan and don't have much new plans before this year.  But we see so many new plans this year, and cheaper plans, there is really no reason to lock up for 90 days

But of course, if price is right,  then lock it up for 90 days and don't look again until day 88 . LoL

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

This is one of the reasons why I'm not a fan of the 90 day plans. I don't like being locked in for that long, especially with the speed at which plans are changing (for the better) around here.

As mentioned you could go with 2 back to back roaming add-on's. The most you'd pay is $60, which is less than forgoing 60 days of your 90 day plan. Do you need calling/texting/data? Or just data? If you just need data check out Ubigi or Airalo. Very cheap travel esim plans are available.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hlq 

If you do end up choosing a US roaming add-on from PM please do know that the 15 days starts as soon as you purchase the add-on, so you can’t buy it ahead of time without losing out on service. 

Enjoy your trip and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions! 

Hlq

Thank you … I’ll consider those options 

JRod

@Hlq 

You can purchase a roaming add-on with talk, text and data for $30 + taxes but unfortunately it only covers 15 days so you’d be spending $60 + taxes to cover you for the month.

It might be more cost effective for you to look into a prepaid SIM or a VoIP service to use for the month you are gone if you don’t want to spend the $60. 

Hlq

Thanks… I was afraid that would happen …. 

@Hlq wrote:

I was afraid of that … I am heading to the us for a month  next week and wanted a U.S. plan so I wouldn’t be able to wait

hi @Hlq 

the Canada-uS plan is a good deal, but in your case, better to by the roaming combo for $30 for 15 days. .  

Hlq

I was afraid of that … I am heading to the us for a month  next week and wanted a U.S. plan so I wouldn’t be able to wait

JRod

@Hlq 

If you switch to a different plan mid month you will be charged immediately and will lose out on remaining service that you’ve already paid for and will not receive any refunds. In your case you’d lose out on nearly two months of service that you’ve already paid for.

If you’re interested in switching to a different plan schedule it for next renewal so you don’t lose out on any service you’ve already paid for.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Hlq 

don't do it.

no partial refund here.  if you change plan before end of cycle, you lost the remaining money. So, you will loss almost 2 months of plan charges

Need Help? Let's chat.