cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing subscription

B-Rod
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’d like to change my plan from $35/mth to $20/mth.  Do I have to cancel my subscription and sign up again?  If I do, can I keep my number?

7 REPLIES 7

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@B-Rod 

Do you mean the $19 plan? This is for new activation only and not for existing members.

Login to your account and under the Subscription tab>Manage Subscription>Change Subscription and see if the plan you are eligible for and see if the plan you are looking for is listed. If not then you are out of luck.

If it is then just click to switch on your next renewal date. This will automatically stop your old plan and your new plan will take over. If you click on switch plan now…you will be charged for the new plan and there will be no prorated refunds on unused days which you already paid for.

B-Rod

Thank you.  That is very helpful.

@B-Rod wrote:

Thank you.  Do I have to cancel my subscription to do that?  If so, can I keep my number?

I'd suggest you keep current plan for another 30 days...PM will likely have some Labour Day deal that I'm hoping we could all take advantage of.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

as said above, you can only keep the same number if you port out the number and port back in

B-Rod

Thank you.  Do I have to cancel my subscription to do that?  If so, can I keep my number?

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

yes, existing customers cannot get any of the new activations only plan. 

if you cancel it, you won't get your number back.  What some people do is to port out the number to another service provider, wait a day, and then open a new account with PM and port the number back in.  But remember , there might be cost from the other provider when you port out the number there.  Then there is is also a $5 or $10 charge for sim card to open the new PM account, unless you use esim

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@B-Rod 

log in to your acct to see what plans are available to you. I don't think you'd be able to downgrade to $20 plan from current $35 plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.