cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing sim that is not completely ported

purplelenacinco
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will the porting stop if I change the sim into a new one? I ported my Fido number to PM but until now it is not ported completely. I've messaged all the moderators a couple of times but I never heard anything from them. I'm thinking of changing the sim itself and get a different number to use for my PM phone/account. Will that work? Will my Fido number be cancelled from porting and be available to use again for my fido account?

2 REPLIES 2

@purplelenacinco wrote:

Will the porting stop if I change the sim into a new one? I 

Changing sim cards isn't going to stop your port.  Numbers get ported into the line on your account, not the sim card itself.  But I'm not understanding why you want to change the sim card if there's nothing wrong with it.  Changing your current number now, could however, mess things up.  Also, a new sim card is not necessary to change phone numbers, unless of course you want an additional Public Mobile account to use as well as the one you already have.

nockiboo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The porting will still continue once a MOD starts on your case.  You would need to email them and stop the port.  Why not just port through and go to PM?  I've ported from Fido and never looked back.

Need Help? Let's chat.