cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans and not receiving any rewards at payment

Anni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Utilizing the switch plans now option and making a payment. I did not receive any of my rewards (loyalty & preauthorized payments) as a deduction against the newly activated plan.  Who should I talk to?

13 REPLIES 13

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

I have wondered about that term for quite awhile now and thought it might be fun to argue the point since it's in newly updated help articles. But I believe it was Alan _k in the past that explained why it's done the way it is contrary to the above wording....because someone like myself could take advantage and just keep renewing early to refresh my minutes and data when I run out.

I think I agree with hairbag1. It even kinda makes sense to not. So you renew your plan sometime in the recent past. You got those rewards. Say it was 2 days ago. You do an immediate plan change. Is it reasonable to get rewards again soon after? I don't think it is. So where might you draw the line? Oh you're on day 28 of your previous plan and you do an immediate plan change oh ok we'll give you rewards in a couple days. Is THIS system that sophisticated? I quite doubt it. This system is not at all bulletproof for taking money, the very raison d'être of a business that this business fails at all too frequently.

But hey if the policy says otherwise then that's "the contract" isn't it? Oh wait, this place and contracts do not see eye to eye.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hairbag1 

It hasn't....as I posted and the reasons why which makes perfect sense. Since I don't renew early or change plans immediately  but rather have the latter apply I am much happier with the current unofficial policy. If they enforced the stated policy I would be one if those furious customers. It's a greater good kind of thing.....

I'm not so sure that been applied, as written.

Over the last coupla years, I recall more than once, there's been comments / questions that the Rewards weren't applied to newly changed plans until after subsequent  renewal.

OP should escalate in hopes of getting the rewards applied retroactively.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hairbag1 

From the updated help articles on "old rewards"....

• If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

@darlicious...

customer already rec'd reward for last renewal. He's chosen to renew earlier than regular plan renewal and as a consequence, no Reward is due until a full 30 days when next renewal successfully occurs.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anni 

You have a point because it doesn't actually say that under the $$ rewards "help" info. It does say they will be applied approximately 24 hours after the plan change occurs. If you want to argue the point with customer support I would be interested to hear what they have to say but the unofficial policy of $$ rewards not being applied until the following renewal after a complete 30 day cycle has occurred has been in place for several years now.

This is due to the fact that customers with more rewards than their plan amount could take advantage of the system to "make" money. The $$:rewards terms and conditions also state that you cannot recieve more rewards than your plan amount. Insisting on recieving rewards on an early plan renewal or plan change could result in pm enforcing the latter term. That would make a great many customers to be furious.....do you want to be responsible for pm enforcing that term?🤔

I found it in a help article,  @Anni 

It does state in the section titled "changing plan now"

The help article is below:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

@Anni   It may or may not be included in the "service terms" linked at the bottom of the page, but you can check there to see if it is.

Indeed if during the immediate plan change process there is no pop-up or indication that reminds customers of this, it is something they should consider adding.

Anni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That's crap, where does it say that on the Public Mobile site?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If you switched plan now instead of next renewal...you don't get Rewards applied until next renewal date.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The old rewards, you will not get your rewards until your next renewal. Most ppl switch on next renewal so there is no hiccup and you don't miss out on rewards (if you can obv) but if you do a change in the middle of your 30 days you will not get the rewards.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Anni 

Regrettably, when you choose an immediate plan change you do not receive your normal renewal rewards.

When changing plans, it's advisable to change on next renewal.

EDIT:  If you wish to confirm, you can click on SIMon the chatbot down below and ask the customer support agents.  Follow the prompts towards submitting a ticket. 

Need Help? Let's chat.