cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plan

Lauremartie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My plan was supposed to be changed today for my plan renewal. But I still have the previous plan on my account and my card has been charged for the new plan I chose of 15G 4Gspeed

How anyone can help me with this, please

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27

boywithnoname
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you for this detailed explanation. I have seen what things look like with the new Plan Portal interface and I have also not changed my plan since I've gotten it several years ago, so this info that you posted alleviated my fears. 

Thanks again. This community is great with providing information!

Lauremartie

Thank you for your answer. Actually my renewal is due on Aug 16th and my account is still active. I have waited for 48 hrs like you suggested and everything is fine now

Thanks again for your help

Lauremartie

Thank you !

Lauremartie

Thank you for your help. Everything is fine now

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lauremartie   So , issue is now resolved?  Did you need to get CS agent involved? or was it just a regular renewal that took time?

@softech 

thanks for clarification,i get it,i appreciate..

@Timer wrote:

@dust2dust 

so the 48 hours just for speed data not for change plan.

@Timer we have explained this MULTIPLE times already in many replies you made!!!

Plan change immediately (assuming they clicked Change plan now), but new speed can take up to 48 hours

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lauremartie 

Boy am I winning today....losing my posts with no rhyme or reason? Let me try, try again....

The renewal process is pretty straightforward however with the redesign of self serve accounts combined with working out all of the technical glitches both new and old and the community tackling the learning curve that goes along with it while trying help others is a challenge.

Generally speaking a few hours before midnight eastern your current 30 day plan "expires". Your account goes into "suspended" status at midnight eastern. This does not affect your services rather it affects your ability to manage certain aspects of your self serve account like purchasing add ons and making payments. It is also the most likely time self serve will be down for temporary unscheduled maintenance that prevents users from logging in.

Upon renewal at midnight your plan features reset....primarily your data counter and/or for some their minute and text counters as well. If you are on the $$ rewards program your rewards will be applied to your account balance within about 10 minutes or so.....as long as you are registered for autopay/"pre-authorized payments" or have manually topped up your account your plan amount you can rest easy your plan payment will occur at 2 am eastern** and return to active status at 6am eastern.

** When plan payment debits run on time....this process when delayed (up to 8+hrs) push the renewals forward the same amount of time (ie. plan amount is debited at 4am then active/suspended status will not occur until 8am.)

When you schedule a change plan on next renewal this does not physically change until the plan payment is debited from your account balance so your old plan renews at midnite eastern and you you continue to use the old plan features until your new plan amount payment is debited then you plan features will reset to the new ones along with any applicable metered counters. This can occur as late as noon eastern.

As previously mentioned 4G LTE data takes up to 48 hours to unthrottle/throttle to/from 3mbps.

my point, it's the plan has changed but the only speed will be take up to 48 hr.

@computergeek541 @dust2dust 

thanks for clarification,,i appreciate.

@Timer- How about this for an explanation. Say you're on the $50 plan for 10.5gb 3G speed with the US calling. You wish to move up to the full 4G speed plan, so you choose to have a little less data but for 5 bucks more. The $55 plan for 8gb at 4G. But no US calling.

You have chosen to change at the next renewal. Overnight that night, you now are no longer able to call the US and your bucket of data shows the 8gb at 4G.

Then up to 48 hours later, the speed catches up to the party and you now have the full speed 4G. Until then the speed will stay at 3G speed. But the plan has changed.

@dust2dust @computergeek541 

yes i'm confusing plan with speed,

the change plan at renewal scheduled date is will be changed 

change plan whatever speed 3/4G or 4/3G then take up to 48hr right.

@Timer wrote:

@dust2dust 

i mean if any customer at renewal scheduled date to change new plan,  it is not immediately when coming renewal scheduled to change new plan,,, it's take time to be on new plan.

Dang it's hard to read poorly constructed sentences. If I think I can read that...again...you're confusing plan with speed. The plan will change. The speed change will be delayed by up to 48 hours.

@Timer wrote:

@dust2dust 

i mean if any customer at renewal scheduled date to change new plan,  it is not immediately when coming renewal scheduled to change new plan,,, it's take time to be on new plan.

You're overthinking things.  The change in speed takes 48 hours.  Everything else is exactly as it was before the reintroduction of the plans with faster speeds.

@dust2dust 

@Timer wrote:

@dust2dust 

so it is not immediately when renewal scheduled to change plan,

@Timer- ????

Edit

@dust2dust wrote:

When is your renewal. The end date showing in the main box of your plan features is the last day of the plan. The new 30 day plan starts overnight and into the next morning. That is when a plan change would show.

You may need to refresh the page and maybe even the little spinner refresh button underneath the plan usage area to see the new plan. The site doesn't refresh at all well.

@dust2dust 

so it is not immediately when renewal scheduled to change plan,

@Timer wrote:

@dust2dust 

That's what has been attempted to explain to you on several occassions. Yes.

The site has its own stupid issues with refreshing the information though.

As an aside, I'm curious to hear if the upwards plan change autopay is working properly now.

Adding - argh @Timer (and a couple tiny edits)

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

When is your renewal. The end date showing in the main box of your plan features is the last day of the plan. The new 30 day plan starts overnight and into the next morning. That is when a plan change would show.

You may need to refresh the page and maybe even the little spinner refresh button underneath the plan usage area to see the new plan. The site doesn't refresh at all well.

@dust2dust 

@Timer wrote:

A: If you activated on a plan that includes data, it could take up to 48 hours until you experience full 3G or 4G speeds. Similarly, if you change your data speed from 3G to 4G LTE or vice versa, the same delay may occur.

@Timer- I re-arranged the bolding. The original is not highlighted. The plan is set. The site may have its poor updating. It's about the speed. I have the now $13 plan that has add-ons that come in at full 4G speed. If I were to change to any current 3G plan like they are trying to coerce me to at least move to the $15 plan then the plan and the carried over add-ons would become 3G speed...in up to 48 hours.

Others are changing from a 3G speed plan up to the new 4G speed plans which will see that improvement...in up to 48 hours.

@computergeek541 

so renewal scheduled to change plan date it's will that day is be changed new plan, ok. but if not changed by renewal scheduled then we need to contact CSA, to fix it or !!

@Timer wrote:

@computergeek541 

ok. but i confused, can you check this link, i read this.

Q: I just activated on a plan that includes data or changed to a plan with different data speed, when does the change take effect?

A: If you activated on a plan that includes data, it could take up to 48 hours until you experience full 3G or 4G speeds. Similarly, if you change your data speed from 3G to 4G LTE or vice versa, the same delay may occur.

Differences between 3G and 4G LTE data speed (publicmobile.ca)

As explained by both myself and by Public Mobile, only the speed can take up to 48 hours to change. The actual plan change is instant/has no delay. The question in the help article is referring only to the speed. 

I've seen you incorrectly inform numerous customers that the wrong plan details are shown in Self Serve because it hasn't yet been 48 hours.  There is no 48 hour delay for that. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lauremartie is your renewal date Aug 17th? 

If so, the renewal still taking place  and your account status should be showing Suspended,  but no worry.   Also, When you are on My Acxount, the shopping cart icon on top right should be showing something is there, click on it and the shopping cart should show you the plan that it is renewing.  Whether it is  right or wrong, do not touch it.  Let the renewal completes later this morning (could be as late as noon EST).  You will see your plan change back to Avtive.  Then check again to see what plan you are on.  If it shows the old plan  , open ticket with PM Agent at that point to get that sorted out

@computergeek541 

ok. but i confused, can you check this link, i read this.

Q: I just activated on a plan that includes data or changed to a plan with different data speed, when does the change take effect?

Differences between 3G and 4G LTE data speed (publicmobile.ca)

@Timer wrote:

@Lauremartie 

changed today by your renewal and CC has been charged by new plan price then wait for up to 48 hr to new plan kick in.

after 48 hr just do rebooting.

@Timer

As you have been advised a few times, plan changes do not take 48 hours.  Plan changes are instantaneous when the immediate plan change option is selected and also as soon a scheduled at renewal plan change occurs.  Only the speed takes 48 hours to update.  Also, plean changes do not require the user to reboot the phone.  Please correct this in collection of infromation.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Lauremartie 

changed today by your renewal and CC has been charged by new plan price then wait for up to 48 hr to new plan kick in.

after 48 hr just do rebooting.

@Lauremartie wrote:

Hi,

My plan was supposed to be changed today for my plan renewal. But I still have the previous plan on my account and my card has been charged for the new plan I chose of 15G 4Gspeed

Is the renewal scheduled for August 17?  If that's the case, the plan change may not happen for several hour more as plan renewal and scheduled plan changes don't take effect right at midnight.

Need Help? Let's chat.