cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing phone #

Brian66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Rogers account with a home phone. I would like to move that phone # to public Mobile and cancel my home phone. How do I do that?

5 REPLIES 5

becm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had to when I changed mine because there was so much fraud going on I had to give permission for a request to even be considered for a port over( which is assume was just Rogers being careful and covering their butts)

@becm wrote:

Call Rogers first to let them know that you will be porting it over to another provider so they know that its you making the request. 

That's generally a bad idea.  There are rare times when such steps do end up being necessary, but in general, customers shouldn't be contacting the old carrier becaues of a chance that the customer or the carrier might accidently have the service cancelled.

becm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Call Rogers first to let them know that you will be porting it over to another provider so they know that its you making the request. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Brian66 fist best to ensure the number can be ported to PM and if it can you can port it on activation or port it in after your activate with a temp number from PM from in your account profile page 

Check to see if # can be ported

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Need Help? Let's chat.