cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing phone number failure

RubenBorges
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm at a point where I need to change my phone number. I really do love my number so this has come after great consideration. While attempting to use "self serve" to accomplish this (since I can't call anyone for help; bad service there, Public) I am consistently getting the error "failed to change phone number" no matter many time I attempt this. I'm using the right area code and I'm not picky over the number. 

What am I doing wrong? Please help. The sooner the better!

5 REPLIES 5

RubenBorges

Hello, again. 

I switched devices and it worked. Thanks for advice. You must have been on the right track there with your suggestion. It's a very strange problem so I wouldn't have guessed that by myself. Since I can't call in for support you've been a great help. THANK YOU!

RubenBorges

I tried incognito but I'm still getting a "failure to change number." I try all of them, switch cities then switch them back thinking maybe 5 other people are taking these numbers the moment before I do and it's still not working for me. I'll try swapping browsers?

RubenBorges

Good idea, let me try this. Thanks a lot.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RubenBorges wrote:

Hello,

I'm at a point where I need to change my phone number. I really do love my number so this has come after great consideration. While attempting to use "self serve" to accomplish this (since I can't call anyone for help; bad service there, Public) I am consistently getting the error "failed to change phone number" no matter many time I attempt this. I'm using the right area code and I'm not picky over the number. 

What am I doing wrong? Please help. The sooner the better!

@RubenBorges 

If after following @will13am suggestions and wait time and still having issues, are you able to try accessing your Self Serve on another device?

If still issues after that, contact CSA for help: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RubenBorges , if you are selecting an available phone number from what is presented to you, you are not doing anything wrong.  Perhaps try again after clearing the browser cache or using incognito mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.