cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my caller ID name that come up when I call someone

Olage1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The name that come up when I call someone isn’t my name and I want to get it changed to my name asap.

how can I do that?

8 REPLIES 8

@Olage1 

PM does not send name to the receivers of your calls, they only send the number

The reason those who dont have your number see a different name is that their phone used some build in number-name lookup services.  There are multiple ones depending on the devices those people have.  For example, Samsung uses Hiya services. To update the name entry for you number on Hiya, you have to reach out to them directly here: https://hiyahelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Olage1

That’s not my case. My question was how do I change the name that appears on my contact ID when I call someone that doesn’t have my number 

Olage1

How do I contact that third party company? 

Olage1

That’s not in my case. When I call someone that doesn’t have my number in their contacts a name shows that isn’t mine. My question is how do I change that name 

@Olage1 , unless you block or spoof your number, the recipient's phone will receive the call based on your actual number and then associate it to the contact list on the phone.  That should be what is displayed.  For names not in the contact list, there should only be a phone number displayed, actual or spoofed.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Olage1 

You and your friends & family have to change it in your contact app.

@Olage1 wrote:

The name that come up when I call someone isn’t my name and I want to get it changed to my name asap.

how can I do that?

This is not a Public Mobile issue.  Public Mobile does not even send a name along with the phone number.  Your phone number has been associated with someone else's name is a database that is being maintained by a thrid party. You'll need to contact that third party company.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Olage1  You can’t PM doesn’t have caller ID only your phone number shows up ,unless the person you calling has you as a contact in there phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.