cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed province

Janimilan27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey my name is xxxxxxxxxxx and i changed my province from nova scotia to alberta..i changed my profile address as well. But when i try to purchase new plan HST is still 15% and not 5% which is actual HST of Alberta....can you please help me?

9 REPLIES 9

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

HST is 0%...for now, but there are serious plans to introduce that tax in Alberta real soon. Government got to government.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Janimilan27 

Leave your credit card set up for pre-authorized payments as a backup plan just in case you come up a little short or you forget to top up your account that way you don't have to worry about accidentally getting suspended for insufficient funds.

Thinking in the habit of purchasing Public Mobile vouchers that are readily available. Please see the post below for more info on vouchers. This way you will save 10% compared to the Nova Scotia tax rate (15% hst). If you have fellow friends and family on public mobile you can help them save as well by purchasing vouchers and sending them the 12 digit PIN code (lol... Make sure they pay you up front for buying them a voucher.)

London drugs recently changed their LD extras loyalty program so it is a little less lucrative that it used to be but you still can earn and redeem on PM vouchers. You can stack your savings if you have a credit card that gives you a cash back on drugstores/grocery stores.

Additionally if you want to keep your nose goes your number but are concerned you'll need an Alberta number on occasion download a VoIP provider app like fongo or TextNow and choose an Alberta area code phone number when you need to give a local number or make calls if you're on the $15 plan or you want caller ID to show a local number.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

@computergeek541   and the contact CS agent using "Forgot log in Information"?????  So, because forgot log in, so tax was wrong?

@Polution wrote:

@Janimilan27 

open a ticket with PM CS_Agent. at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type: "Forgot log in information"
Then Click "Contact Us"
Finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

Once ticket is submitted,check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) for response from PM CS_Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, send a private message to the CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

There's no reason to contact a CSA.  A CSA can't change the rate of tax charged. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

No pst in Alberta. 

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi, you don't have to give out your name here, this is a public forum. You can edit this out of your post.

Tax is calculated based on the area code of your phone number. So you'll have to get an AB number if you want to pay only 5% tax.

Edit: Buying vouchers like @ computergeek541 mentioned will work without changing your number if you don't mind the extra steps.

@Janimilan27 wrote:

Hey my name is xxxxxxx and i changed my province from nova scotia to alberta..i changed my profile address as well. But when i try to purchase new plan HST is still 15% and not 5% which is actual HST of Alberta....can you please help me?

Unfortuantely, the charges are correct. Taxes are based off of the phone number. Chaging your profile address doesn't change the taxation rate.  You could purchase vouchers at a local store to get the lower rate.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Janimilan27   PM charges tax based on the province the number belongs to (area code), not your address on profile

So, if you want to take advantage of the cheaper tax, you will need to change number and pick an AB number

Need Help? Let's chat.