cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan subscription

SherBear1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently upgraded my plan to 50 GB and 5G, effective July 25, 2024. My plan is showing the 50 GB, however my service is still LTE instead of 5G. How do I contact someone to get this resolved?

9 REPLIES 9

HI @SherBear1 

4G and LTE are the same.  So, you have LTE means you have 4G. 

and since you have a 5G plan, your speed, even on 4G/LTE will be close to the top speed 5G plans give you, close to 200Mbps 

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your not going to notice much difference between 4g and 5g with normal daily use . So unless you really need to see the 5g at the top of the phone I wouldn't worry about it.

SherBear1

Thank you so much for all the responses. They were all very helpful. I realize now my phone does not support 5G. Does anyone know why I only have the option of 3G or LTE…. And not 4G? I can confirm I am in an area with 5G access. 

@SherBear1 wrote:

I have an iPhone 11 Pro.\

HI @SherBear1 

iPhone 11 does not have 5G !!

but no worries, even on 4G , your speed will be as good as 5G speed, close to 200Mbps

eddieO

@SherBear1under Cellular Data Options you should see a  spot that says Voice and Data, there you should be able to select 5G Auto

SherBear1

I have an iPhone 11 Pro. I just checked Settings/cellular/cellular data settings, and it only has the option of LTE or 3G, under roaming. Is there another place to check?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@SherBear1 do you have a 5G phone? What phone is that

if you have a 5G phone, change the network mode to 5G on your phone and test again.  If 5G is not an option in the network mode screen, make sure your OS is updated

eddieO

@SherBear1, although you are on a 5G speed plan this does not mean you will always be connecting at 5G. I'm also in a a 5G plan and depending on where I am and which towers I'm closest to I could be on 4G LTE and sometimes even 3G but when 5G is available and close by my phone will connect to that 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@SherBear1   What phone do you have, and do you have 5G selected in cellular settings?

Need Help? Let's chat.