cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change or Port Number

lollyrus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I selected a phone number when I signed up for Public Mobile a few months ago, but now I would like to stop using this phone number and change it to another phone number that I have with Freedom Mobile.

Am I still able to port in my other number from Freedom and stop using the one I selected through Public Mobile?

3 REPLIES 3

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lollyrus  you can port in any other phone number as long as your account with the other provider is still active. There isn't a limit to the number of ports that you can perform.

@lollyrus 

Here is some more additional information about porting:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Porting Your Number Into Public Mobile

If you are porting your number into Public Mobile, for additional security, your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.

If you have missed the 90 minute window to respond, we will send you an SMS with instructions on how to re-initiate the transfer by calling our Porting team.

The SMS will read as follows:

Public Mobile Msg: The request to move your phone number to Public Mobile has timed out. Don't worry, you can easily re-initiate the transfer. Please call our Porting Team at **to authorize your number transfer

Tips:

• Keep the old account's device on with the SIM card inside to receive the validation message. If that’s not possible, please ensure you can access the SIM from a different device.
  • Be sure to check all texts that could go to any other members on the old any junk or spam folders.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@lollyrus wrote:

I selected a phone number when I signed up for Public Mobile a few months ago, but now I would like to stop using this phone number and change it to another phone number that I have with Freedom Mobile.

Am I still able to port in my other number from Freedom and stop using the one I selected through Public Mobile?

Yes, choose chat bubble in lower right hand corner and type port request.

Need Help? Let's chat.