cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain numbers go straight to voicemail

Roycar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched from Koodo to Public Mobile.

I've noticed that certain numbers that call me don't cause my phone to ring, they go directly to voice mail. I don't see any missed call on my phone either from these numbers. Co-incidentally, one of these numbers is Telus Support. These numbers were able to call me before when I was on Koodo. I'm not sure what is going on.

I have a strong signal strength where I am with all bars. 

10 REPLIES 10

@Roycar wrote:

I recently switched from Koodo to Public Mobile.

I've noticed that certain numbers that call me don't cause my phone to ring, they go directly to voice mail. I don't see any missed call on my phone either from these numbers. Co-incidentally, one of these numbers is Telus Support. These numbers were able to call me before when I was on Koodo. I'm not sure what is going on.

I have a strong signal strength where I am with all bars. 

Try reinserting your Koodo SIM card (if you're removed it) and check for voice messages.  If you were left messages there, those calls are still going to your Koodo service.  The reason that some incoming calls work on your Public Mobile service could be because the calls originating from within the Telus Mobility network.  Calls originating from other networks could still being going to your old service.  Telus technical support could actually be placing the call from outside fo the Telus network especially if it's from a call centre.

I'm curious, was this Samsung Note 9 on any other service before like Rogers Bell Telus...   and these numbers that called you worked on their service? Or were these numbers able to call you before while you were on PM and all of a sudden it happened?

Roycar

Thank you @Handy1 

Roycar

@Chalupa_Batman I have a Samsung Note 9.  I thought about a blocked list, but numbers that previously worked, don't work anymore.

Mulan2105

I have the same problem. I've had it happen at least twice. I even tried calling myself from a lsnd line and it goes straight to voicemail. Crazy thing is that people can't even leave a voice mail because it says my voicemail is full! (But it's not). When I called myself, it's my OLD Fido outgoing message???

funpig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Chalupa_Batman

Thanks. I just upgraded to a Pixel 7a.  I do not recall if I ever used the block number feature. I will give it a try if this happens with the 7a.

Evening @funpig1 

So, with recent updates, at least on iPhone, the block unknown callers seems to be blocking numbers that are legit. I'm sure the GP3a may have a similar feature. I'd suggest trying to disable the blocking option, reboot and then see if those folks can now reach you. Only downfall is you'll get those crap calls again.

funpig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I occasionally had the same issue on a Pixel 3a.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Roycar just wondering, you have an iPhone by chance?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Roycar  Sounds like porting didn’t complete . I’ll send you   the porting team number private message and they can re trigger the port request for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.