cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Celluar service outage

Str8shooter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone know what the current problem is with cellular service in eastern Ontario?

8 REPLIES 8

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Snow storm - blizzard - power outages ---where have you been?

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Str8shooter "number of PM users, including me, cannot receive or make calls but can send/receive texts"

Try setting network to 3G instead of LTE/auto. Recently I could not get service on LTE but could on 3G. 

HI@Str8shooter 

was it since Wed or Thur?  if multiple customers have the same issue, it is system.  Also, check if any of your Telus and Bell friend have the same issue.  

But you said it's voice only?  try changing the network to 3G and see if it works

or try VoLTE

@Str8shooter   if you are in Greater Ottawa area, it could be

PM (and Telus) shares network towers with Bell and Bell tweeted:

Customers in the greater Montreal area, greater Ottawa area and the Outaouais region are experiencing wireless and landline outages due to yesterday’s ice storm. We are working with our partners to restore service as quickly and safely as possible.

if you have lost wireless for sometime already and want to confirm, you can submit a ticket with CS agent 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): click this  Chatbot Ticket Link 

Then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" to open the ticket submission page
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Str8shooter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A number of PM users, including me, cannot receive or make calls but can send/receive texts.

Ckk_2194
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it is possible that the ice storm from Wednesday knocked a few towers out 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Str8shooter according to Telus outage map, there is no issue 

https://www.telus.com/en/ab/outages

what exact problem you have? 

can you receive or make calls? texts? data?

try to reboot the phone, or reseat the sim card or test your phone in another area.

Need Help? Let's chat.