cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Booster.

radiance
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1000000259.jpg

Hello community! A long-term Legacy user.  I have a question about cell phone boosters.

Would you recommend this? Dose it meet all required bands? From Amazon. (See photo)

While OutSide, (MotoG53) will receive 5g 2-3bars but only receive 4g mostly H+ inside.

I use the service as a hotspot and looking for more of a study connection indoors at a cottage.

Any input would be appreciated thank you. Some reason photo is blurry while posted.

SolidRF 5-Band Cell Phone Booster for House Cottage 3G 4G LTE 5G-band13/12/17/5/4/2/25 Compatible with All Canadian Carriers - High Gain Antenna Cell Signal Booster Supports Up to 1,500 sq ft

5 REPLIES 5

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Before you buy are you really noticing a slow down with your internet? You don't say just mention a low signal. If you are just getting 4g the speed difference between 4g an 5g is only a 100mb max difference and most people wouldn't notice any difference unless using multiple devices or downloading large files. So unless you are get lag, buffering or drop calls you will probably be just wasting money for little or no benefit. So do a few speed tests over a few days and as long as you are getting a steady speed of about 30mb to 150mb 4g max speed I wouldn't worry about it . But it's up to you.

@radiance 

Unless the materials of your building are greatly affecting the signal, my opinion is this:  Signal boosters aren't going to do much.  If there are deads pots inside your cottage, a signal booster coudl possibly send the cellular signal further inside.  However, if there is no signal outside, a signal booster won't help.  In additional to that, boosting possibly already a weak signal isn't going to imporove the reliability of the service any.

radiance
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for a quick response. I'll definitely try this option.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@radiance look good according to the network bands it has

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Reality is this. If it doesn't work, Amazon had an amazing return policy. Go for it.

Need Help? Let's chat.