cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier Settings for iPhone

cyroo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I read in another post that there are new carrier settings (version 28.3) for the iphone. The update now included to have group texts with non iphone users, which is a setting I really want.

My phone is not prompting me to install the new settings. I go to Settings >> General >> About, there is no update, I got to software update, no carrier update their either.

Anyone know if you manually install it or force a download?

I'm using a Telus iphone, could that be the reason I haven't got the update?

11 REPLIES 11

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cyroo@daviding

This must have been changed with recent iOS updates which I haven't done.  Sorry for the outdated info.  

cyroo

Didnt mean to hit solution... I know my phone is not unlocked...I didnt bother since I knew a telus phone would work on PM

By inserting non telus koodo or pm sim Try any other carrier sim.
And there no profile under setting in iPhone as far I know.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

cyroo

How do I know if its locked by Telus or not?

cyroo

Under Settings there is no option for Profiles, I search for Profiles in settings and it just takes me to General

daviding
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@imm1304I guess that is Settings -> General -> Device Management for Profiles. But no Public Mobile profile in there. I did not find Profile under Settings even I use search profiles.

daviding

@cyroo Could you please check your iphone is not locked by Telus? The Public Mobile profile will be auto download when you plugin SIM. If you need manually update, select Settings >> General >> About, which will check new profile and update again.

imm1304

Hi @daviding,

What I told @cyroo is precisely for iphones.  
Tap on Settings.  Then tap on Profiles.  Delete Public mobile carrier profile.  Then check for updates.  Install the new carrier update from PM.  

daviding

@imm1304 I think iphone has not that option.

imm1304

Hey @cyroo,

You can go to Settings > Profiles and delete the PM carrier profile. 

Then check for updates and you should receive PM carrier update.. it will be the latest one.  

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
It will be automatic. I don't think there is any manual way to update bit try rebooting or reinsert sim and connect with iTunes. But there's no manual way as I know.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.