cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant change my plan.

Dsmitty101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently have a $40 plan and would like to change it to the $25 plan. But it wont let me even though I have $25 available funds on my account. I just need to know how to change it. Please.

9 REPLIES 9

@wetcoaster wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai are you saying pm doesn't want to do plan changes on expired plans?

@Dsmitty101 if you need you plan active now (not wait for mods to reply 48 hrs, then you need to renew your current plan and futuredate the $25 plan

@NDesai wrote:

@Dsmitty101 If your current plan is expired/suspended, you cannot change your plan from self-serve. You must contact the Moderator_Team with your account details and they will get in touch with you shortly. 

This has been a problem for a while now and i can tell you, PM is doing everything they can to avoid mod interaction for plan changes when an account is on expired status. 

I hope he means that there are finally some solid solutions for the most mod time consuming requests about to be implemented... Unfortunately I'm not willing to hold my breath.

Smiley Wink

@Tarah-gve wrote:

The call center is Telus and you tell them your a public Customer.

Iam a phone dealer and have had to call in many times for customer issues or portal issues.

I have also been told this information that I relayed by a Public Rep.

@Tarah-gve

This is a self-servic provider without over the phone customer service.

Whatever access a rep at dealer might have is not what access regular customers have. The information you are throwing out here is not how this system is designed to work for anyone except sales reps. I hope you inform your customers about what the actual CSR concept is at Public Mobile.

Tarah-gve
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The call center is Telus and you tell them your a public Customer.

Iam a phone dealer and have had to call in many times for customer issues or portal issues.

I have also been told this information that I relayed by a Public Rep.

@Tarah-gve wrote:

You can't change it with funds available if your mid way through your cycle. If that's not the case and still giving you issues you can call in and have them change it for you and use the available funds.

@Tarah-gve

This post contains misleading information...

a) yes, self serve offers the possibility to an immediate plan change your plan mid cycle - just be aware that any unused portions of the current plan will be lost, no refunds at this prepaid carrier. For most people a future dated plan change on the next renewal will be the better choice. Make sur that you set it up a couple of days before the renewal date.

However, if the account is suspended (ie you let payment lapse and don't have active service but it's been less than 90 days since your last day of service) only the moderator team can help changing plans. Self serve only allows reactivation of the last active plan right now.

b) Public Mobile doesn't have a call center*, all support goes through this forum and the moderator team (= Public Mobile employees) are the only ones that can help with account related issues. Wait times these days are in the 48 hour range.

* Unless you are on a legacy plan from before January 2015 

Tarah-gve
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can't change it with funds available if your mid way through your cycle. If that's not the case and still giving you issues you can call in and have them change it for you and use the available funds.

@mimmo wrote:

@Dsmitty101 if you need you plan active now (not wait for mods to reply 48 hrs, then you need to renew your current plan and futuredate the $25 plan

@NDesai wrote:

@Dsmitty101 If your current plan is expired/suspended, you cannot change your plan from self-serve. You must contact the Moderator_Team with your account details and they will get in touch with you shortly. 

This has been a problem for a while now and i can tell you, PM is doing everything they can to avoid mod interaction for plan changes when an account is on expired status. 

I hope he means that there are finally some solid solutions for the most mod time consuming requests about to be implemented... Unfortunately I'm not willing to hold my breath.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dsmitty101 wrote:

I currently have a $40 plan and would like to change it to the $25 plan. But it wont let me even though I have $25 available funds on my account. I just need to know how to change it. Please.

Are you currently in Suspended status?

If so, then you need to contact the moderators.

If so, you could also renew your old plan and then do a future-change to your preferred plan for the next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.