cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot transfer number from CTExcel

Yingwu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I’m trying to port in my number but my current service provider is not on Old Service Provider list. Since I have already paid the Public Mobile monthly fee, is it possible to issue a refund? Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13

@huangchaosuper wrote:

I encountered the same problem, but someone from your team opened a new account for me. Can you please read my description carefully before proceeding?

Posting a message here is usually only noticed and read by other customers.  Other customers cannot fix account issues.  Since you've already been in contact with a Public Mobile customer support agent, please contininue the dicussion with that customer support agent.

huangchaosuper

I encountered the same problem, but someone from your team opened a new account for me. Can you please read my description carefully before proceeding?

hi @LS0407 

Sent, please check your community inbox

LS0407

Same here. Please also send me the agent’s number. Just wonder why they not add CTExcel  on their old Service Provider list. Thank you.

hi @EricGao2020 

sent

only for porting issue

EricGao2020

Hi,

came across the same issue. Could you please send me the agent’s number?

Thank you.

@Karushifa we have confirmation that selecting Telus as the provider for porting from CTExcel won't work 

Karushifa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just transfer my number from CTEXCEL, when you choose the old provider, there's no China Telecom or CTExcel, simply select Telus and type in your account number which you already have or ask their agent. Hope this will help.

nyachiba

Hey Yeke, so I bumped into the same issue and calling the porting team actually didn't help. But I was able to get it resolved by messgaing CS_Agent with my IMEI and the Pin provided by CTExcel. Maybe you can try that too.

Yeke

Hello, I have the same issue with porting my number in from CTEXCEL. I have the code but I am not able to use it with the PM application.

Can you inbox me he number for the Porting Team please 🙂

nyachiba

Hello, I am also bumping into the same issue, could I please get the number to reach the porting team as well? Thanks in advance.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Yingwu 

can you explain why the number is not transferable? did you check here to see if it is port eligible

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

or you just run into problem? if the link above show it is transferable, you can call the porting team to get it sorted.  i will send you the number to your community inbox

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Yingwu 

Public Mobile is a pre paid service. I am 99.9% positive they will not refund your money. You can try to reach out to a CS agent and ask but....  it's buyer beware. They may say you should have confirmed first that your phone number was portable. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

This is the link we use to confirm the number can be ported. Try it again.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Need Help? Let's chat.