Did you mean: 

Cannot send files or pictures through text

Buddyb99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

1000023668.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

MMS is no longer supported on Public Mobile if you are running on Android 8 or older, if that's what your phone is... Needs to be minimum Android 9 methinks.

I've spent many hours messing with APN settings, sim card swaps, etc on my Android 8.1 phone to no avail. Android 8.1 basically has a problem where the phone can't receive the new carrier settings over the air, and additionally will always override a custom APN with the preprogrammed original settings, so it's impossible to get it to "take" the new APN settings manually. 😔

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Buddyb99 

I'm a little late to this party however I think I may have a fix that has worked for others here.

Go into your settings, then network settings, turn off Automatic, pick Public Mobile then reboot. Then send and ask others to send. Let us know if that works.

Jadelynliang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You need a update new cell phone. It has happened to my old phone.  Since I've got my new cell phone. All the problems you've mentioned have solved.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Buddyb99  what type of phone do you have? You can start by resetting networks.  If that doesn't work then check the APN in your phone.

See if your phone has the following. If not, delete and add the below for android devices.

APN: sp.mb.com

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMSC proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port: 8799

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

APN Type: default,supl,mms

or default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

Need Help? Let's chat.