cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive texts

jay11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I recently joined with public mobile and activated a new phone number with new SIM. However, I am experiencing issues.

1) Others (new contacts) can receive my texts but when they reply, I do not receive their texts. On their screens, it says delivered and even read. This seems to happen only with people I have never previously texted before I got this new number. One person said that they got a reply saying "I think you have the wrong number" when they tried to reply to me. However, they replied directly in the chat. We also later tested by calling, and she does have the right number as my phone rang and connected. My current contacts seem to be unaffected (I can text them and receive their texts)

2) I have been getting phone calls from someone looking for someone that is not me... 

Is there some sort of porting issue? How can I fix this ASAP? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

@Jackhyf63 

The member has stated that things are fine after a phone number change, meaning no need to contact to moderators.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Easiest possible fix would be to go into the self serve portal, report the phone lost.  Log out.  Wait a few minutes.  Reboot phone.  Log back into self serve portal & report the phone found.  This might clear everything up.  If that doesn’t work, you would likely need to contact the moderator team via private messsage.Contact them by clicking here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@jay11 

There has been the odd time When a user has changed their number and recieved a phone number that's already assigned but they usually don't recieve any texts or any incoming calls. You were  lucky this occurred upon activation because you could change your number yourself. If this had occurred like the others they had to have the moderators change their number back to their previous one....because you can only change your number once every 30 days. Except upon activation. A little hiccup for you.....but welcome to public Mobile!

jay11

Nope, it was a brand new number! I guess that's likely what happened, so weird. 

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you port your number over? If not, someone may have had your number before and ported out of PM and their port got stuck. 

jay11

Update: I still have no idea what happened, but I just decided to change my number and the new one seems to be working. Will update if it stops working with other people.

My best guess is that Public Mobile falsely thought it was an available number, and some how assigned me to it when someone else already had it. Or someone very recently had that number and no long has it, but somehow texts are still getting directed to them. No idea.

Hope it helps anyone who encounters the same issue.

[jay solved it well before any suggestions ........ Luddite]

Need Help? Let's chat.