cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive international SMS text messages - I can send them thought

happicow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have the Unlimited International Texting plan on my account.  I have for several years now.

I am finding today that I am unable to receive text messages from the US or New Zealand.  I am however able to send text messages to people in those locations and they are receiving them.

Domestic messages are working just fine within Canada.

The last time I received at text message from outside of Canada was about 48 hours ago.

Any idea why this would be the case?  Thanks.

- Chris

5 REPLIES 5

@happicow wrote:

I did recently purchase a US plan and it did recently expire.

This might be the issue. Many have experience this issue before, but i cannot explain why local texting is working for you. Best is to wait a day or so and see if it fixes itself.  

happicow

I will try this, but they are all people I've been texting with for quite a number of years.

happicow

I did recently purchase a US plan and it did recently expire.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@happicow wrote:

Hello,

I have the Unlimited International Texting plan on my account.  I have for several years now.

I am finding today that I am unable to receive text messages from the US or New Zealand.  I am however able to send text messages to people in those locations and they are receiving them.

Domestic messages are working just fine within Canada.

The last time I received at text message from outside of Canada was about 48 hours ago.

Any idea why this would be the case?  Thanks.

- Chris

I know you said domestic messages are working fine so this probably isn't the case but have you recently purchased a US Roaming addon and have it expire?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@happicow May be they don't have international texting included in their plan? To test, tell them to text using a texting app like TexNow or Text+. 

Need Help? Let's chat.