cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive code from outside Canada

Leuson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

When I log in to my account, a six-digit code is sent to my PM phone number. I'll soon be outside Canada for a number of months. Outside Canada my PM phone number doesn't work, and thus I won't receive these codes (and I won't be able to log in).

I click the 'Trusted Device' option each time I receive a new code, but these codes continue to be sent.

What can I do to continue logging in, even outside Canada.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Leuson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you very much, Kenneth. This is very clear.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Pick an option to receive a code by email.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Leuson 

you can click "didn't receive code?" at that security code screen, then click Send email

if the email option is not there, you will have to submit ticket with CS agent for help:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Leuson 

If you are in the United States, you will still get the 2FA code sent to you. If you are outside of the United States and Canada, you will NOT get the text. Here is how to get the 2FA code outside of Canada.

Can’t get the 6 digit 2FA code to your phone? Try this method

First, sign into your account at www.publicmobile.ca and use the email you signed up with and the password. If it asks you for a 6 digit code, it will say at the top left CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY.- Enter the 6- digit code sent to *********.  But it’s not working!!! As you see by the screen shot below, 1. Click the This is a trusted device. 2. Didn’t get the code? Click on that.

KennethJAdams_0-1695057672295.png

Then, the next window that pops up is this.

KennethJAdams_1-1695057672232.png

Click on Send email. Here it will send you the 6 digit code to the email you registered with. This step is very important. Do not just copy and paste. Enter each digit using your key pad.

You should now be able to get into your account.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Leuson 

There will be an option to hit didn’t receive code when asked for it and then you can select to have the code sent to your email. You might need to input an incorrect code a couple times to get it to come up if it doesn’t appear immediately. 

Need Help? Let's chat.