cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls from landline

sprimmer30
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, my husband and I have just switched to public mobile from another carrier. I love the deals.  The only problem is, is that my husband is having issues with receiving calls from land line phones. Could you help me please? Also, why would it say long distance charges will apply when it’s nation wide calling? 

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sprimmer30 - that message can happen on new accounts sometimes..it shouldn't but it has been known to happen, it even happened to me when I was pretty new to Public.

Sometimes restarting your phone or performing a reset of the device's network settings can get rid of this message. The message should eventually go away.

But if the above troubleshooting doesn't help or adding a 1 (as @Handy1 ) suggested, contact CSA for help.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@sprimmer30   First try to reboot the phone and far as it saying long distance , you need not worry about that as all calling is Canada wide try putting a 1 in front of the contact 

pmva
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sprimmer30   Did you just switch to PM today?  I can see there being a bit of a delay when you've switched carriers for the number not working.  But it shouldn't be more than a day or so.

When do you get the message about long distance?  When you're calling outside your local area from your cell phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.