cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot purchase add-on

sunkiss_21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I was able to make payments to the add-on (Ie. $30 for 1GB data) but I cannot add the add-on.

Right now, the dollar was charged to my credit card but I cannot add the data.

Please help

I find the current interface of adding add-ons and buying options confusing.

9 REPLIES 9

sunkiss_21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you very much for trying to help!  I appreciate it!

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@imm1304 wrote:

On the topic of the account PIN:

Having just recently activated a new account for a family member, I can confirm that the account PIN and the voicemail PIN were setup separately and can be different, depending on your personal preference.  

Logically, these two PIN are 1 and the same for most people, including me, because the account PIN is setup during activation and the voicemail PIN setup very soon after activation when we enter the voicemail inbox for the first time.  

That makes sense. Chances are, I probably set them up to be the same since I set them up at the same time, that is probably why my pins are the same.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

On the topic of the account PIN:

Having just recently activated a new account for a family member, I can confirm that the account PIN and the voicemail PIN were setup separately and can be different, depending on your personal preference.  

Logically, these two PIN are 1 and the same for most people, including me, because the account PIN is setup during activation and the voicemail PIN setup very soon after activation when we enter the voicemail inbox for the first time.  

closng

@mimmo wrote:

@closng wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

If you dial 611 you need to know your pin number.  if you do not know it you will need mods to reset it for you.

As menioned in a couple threads you could aslo ask teh mods to renew your plan early.  sometimes this is actually cheaper than buying  the data addon.

I was under the impression that the pin is the same one as your voicemail pin, correct me if I'm wrong. 

honestly i think it is different. and only the mods from what i understand can change it for you.  The pn number miht also be found in teh inital sms received from PM

Thanks for clarifying - that is odd because my pin is the same as my voicemail pin 🙂

mimmo

@closng wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

If you dial 611 you need to know your pin number.  if you do not know it you will need mods to reset it for you.

As menioned in a couple threads you could aslo ask teh mods to renew your plan early.  sometimes this is actually cheaper than buying  the data addon.

I was under the impression that the pin is the same one as your voicemail pin, correct me if I'm wrong. 

honestly i think it is different. and only the mods from what i understand can change it for you.  The pn number miht also be found in teh inital sms received from PM

closng

@mimmo wrote:

mimmo

Taekgun

@sunkiss_21

I agree it is confusing as it's a two-step process of adding funds and then buying the add-on once the funds show as available in your "available funds".

The system is not working correctly to complete the second part of the process so you have to do one of two things to buy the add-on at the moment:

1) dial 611 and buy the add-on through there

2) send a private message to the moderators using this link: @CS_Agent, provide them with your name, account number, and an explanation of what you want and they will add it manually for you.

Edit: @imm1304 beat me to it.

imm1304

Hi @sunkiss_21!

The add-on purchase system is broken right now and they are working to fix it asap.

The workaround is to dial 611 and buy the add-on you want using the automated system.  

Or, you can send a private message to the mods... but try 611 first.. it works and you will have the add-on instantly.  

Need Help? Let's chat.