cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make payment less than $25???

DavidMary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I use vanilla prepaid cards, and when they are nearly used up, I have typically found my public mobile account to be a great place to empty them out.  Today I wanted to make a $10.71 payment so I could toss out another card.  Well what's with this?

DavidMary_0-1658294282415.png

I don't appreciate this at all.

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DavidMary 

Not bad customer service....bad IT when designing and implementing the new self serve accounts. Still there is no excuse for all of the new shortcomings the self serve accounts have in regards to payments. The only way I see adding less than $25 currently would be a voucher via 611 or an RTP (real time payment) available at Canadian Tire gas bars and Mobil stations for a $1 fee. Not an acceptable solution by any means but the only options at the moment other than retailers offering instant top ups but they are only available back east as far as I know as I have no experience with them.

DavidMary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Issue is not resolved by any of the above.  Public Mobile's system is clearly coded to reject any attempt to pay less than $25 to the account.  This is bad customer service.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DavidMary 

Whatever your decision I wouldnt toss the empty card. Currently credit cards cannot be removed from the account without the assistance of a CSA. However they can be replaced. I also offer them up for those on the $$ rewards who dont have a card to register for autopay and recieve the $2 reward.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You may want to get a stack mastercard, same concept but much more cost efficient and easier to load and use etc and no fees at all so you don't get touched everytime you buy a card. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Some vanilla prepaid cards aren't loadable unfortunately, there are dozens of variations so hopefully he has one that he can do that with as that suggestion you made would be the way to go.. The problem with that some of those reloadable cards have minimums too lol

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DavidMary 

Since Vanilla is a loadable prepaid card.

Can you load it up to $25 then make your payment then toss out the card?

The remaining balance will stay as a credit for next month payment.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Interestingly, someone has just reported back that they got a payment made. Can you log out and then try again. Or a different device or browser.

Also, don't bother with cents. The system will charge you taxes above the amount you want. Just make it even on the dollar.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@DavidMary 

use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,and try agian

Need Help? Let's chat.