cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make outgoing calls, cannot receive incoming calls or access voicemail

forestlane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

Since yesterday I have not been receiving incoming calls and I cannot consistently make outgoing calls (only the odd call every 6th attempt to call out or so). I also cannot access voicemail. It has been over 24 hours. Does anyone have any thoughts? I have an I-Phone XR. Thanks!!

6 REPLIES 6

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @forestlane  How is mobile data?  work?

Try to first change the network type to 3G ONLY and see if you can make outgoing calls

If same, try to put your SIM in another phone and test it out as it could be a problem of your own phone

If still fails, try to go away from where you are now, drive 5 mins away and test it out, could be network issue in your specific location

Liam4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would recommend an reinstallation of the SIM card. Sometimes these problems could be caused by even a little bit of dust being stuck in the cartridge which may make the phone think it doesn’t have a sim inside of it.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Was your renewal/autopay yesterday? Or is this something that happened out of the blue mid plan?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you try dialing 1-778-580-4001 to see if you can access voicemail? Something has changed with some of the access numbers. If that works for you then you would need to change the access number in your phone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@forestlane 

Where are you located?

You can check the Telus network outage status

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/ 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@forestlane    Have you tried rebooting or toggling airplane mode on/off?  You can also try selecting 3G/WCDMA on your network settings temporarily too.

Need Help? Let's chat.