cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make or receive calls

arshvij
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently switched my sim to another phone and now whenever i try to make a call, it says i dont have access to international calling even though I am calling canadian numbers. Everything worked well in my old phone and I was able to make calls but I cant on this new phone.

14 REPLIES 14

mpw2594
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@arshvij wrote:

I recently switched my sim to another phone and now whenever i try to make a call, it says i dont have access to international calling even though I am calling canadian numbers. Everything worked well in my old phone and I was able to make calls but I cant on this new phone.

I just had this problem with my own device. When I logged into the Public Mobile website, I realized I hadn't made a payment to my account. As soon as I did, everything went back to normal...Make sure no payment is needed on your behalf! 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.

arshvij

yes everything else is normal. I see signal bars and public mobile. Just issue with calling

arshvij

trying now and updating software. Lets see if it works!

@arshvij check to see if dnd , or aeroplane mode or call contacts only on contact list is enabled. Also, do you see PM as your mobile carrier when you are on your phone?

@arshvij wrote:

Nope, unable to make or receive calls. Whenever someone calls, it goes straight to voicemail for me. And when I call someone in canada with a canadian number myself, it says i dont have an international package. Like I am using a domestic number to make domestic calls with available minutes but it still says i need a package. 

@arshvij wrote:

Nope, unable to make or receive calls. Whenever someone calls, it goes straight to voicemail for me. And when I call someone in canada with a canadian number myself, it says i dont have an international package. Like I am using a domestic number to make domestic calls with available minutes but it still says i need a package. 

Make sure your SIM card is properly inserted. Restart your phone. Are you connecting properly to Public Mobile network?

arshvij

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Do calls still work on your old phone?

If yes, then the issue is related to your current phone. Try manually dialing the numbers (instead of using contact list) Does it work?

@arshvij wrote:

So I was using a one plus 6 which worked well but there is some issue with it now so i switched to a spare iphone 6s. Im sure that it is compatible, its just that whenever I make a call, it says you dont have international minutes even though im n ot making international calls.

@arshvij  Are you able to make or receive calls? If not, the try doing a network reset on your iPhone and make sure it has the latest carrier updates installed.

arshvij

So I was using a one plus 6 which worked well but there is some issue with it now so i switched to a spare iphone 6s. Im sure that it is compatible, its just that whenever I make a call, it says you dont have international minutes even though im n ot making international calls.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@arshvij Try dialing a 1 in front of the number you are trying to call. Also, add all your contacts as 11 digit numbers in your address book. 1 xxx xxx xXxX.

@arshvij wrote:

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@arshvij wrote:

@Staliger  OP stated cannot make or receive calls.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@arshvij wrote:

@arshvij If your account is active, and you have minutes there, you don't need to worry. It is just an automatic message - reminder.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@arshvij wrote:

@arshvij  Should work!. What is the make and model of the new phone? Is it compatible with PM's network?

Need Help? Let's chat.