cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get incoming calls.

RogerKershaw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Cannot get incoming calls. Message is cannot accept calls at this time.

I've executed all the troubleshooting. I ported the number from Rogers 6 months ago so that cannot be the problem

HELP!!

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RogerKershaw - Could your phone be on do not disturb (DND setting) accidentally, and you never set up voicemail before?

Or, perhaps try rebooting your phone, and also try to perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

@RogerKershaw wrote:

Cannot get incoming calls. Message is cannot accept calls at this time.

I've executed all the troubleshooting. I ported the number from Rogers 6 months ago so that cannot be the problem

HELP!!

There could be an issue with your device/network with the phone not swtiching over in time fast enough to receive the calls.  I know this isn't a long term solution, but try temporarily setting your phone to 3g-only network mode to try to find out what's happening here.

Is this from anyone? Or one in particular? Is it from any provider? Or some?

I have an incoming calling issue that has been going for a couple months now. It's a little different but I have found that Telus, Koodo, Public, Bell, Virgin can not call in. Rogers, Fido, Shaw Mobile, Freedom can.

@RogerKershaw 

Have you tried putting your SIM card in another phone? This helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem. 

If PM service issues, you will need to contact customer service agent.  

RogerKershaw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

JUST incoming. Outgoing and text are fine. Internet is fine.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Outgoing? Texting? Cellular internet?

Need Help? Let's chat.