cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card doesn't work

AS88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I've got a lot of problems with SIM card.

1.Activating new sim I found out that no one code (neither referral nor promo) weren't accepted and my account was filled with out any discounts.

2.  New SIM card public mobile was deformed (when I just opened in I noted that fact but didn't pay any attention on). The awfulest is next: it doesn't work at all. 

What should I do? I have full set for comfortable use mobile but cannot use because of reasons that doesn't depends on me. Help please to solve problems

2 REPLIES 2

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@AS88 wrote:

Hello. I've got a lot of problems with SIM card.

1.Activating new sim I found out that no one code (neither referral nor promo) weren't accepted and my account was filled with out any discounts.

You only entered numbers for SIM. Once entered did you see a on the right side?

Wether the SIM is damaged or not...if the activation process accepted the SIM number, you should have been able to complete the activation with VALID promo and referral codes. If you have a My Account to view, then the activation took. Contact a CSA to have codes entered. 

2.  New SIM card public mobile was deformed (when I just opened in I noted that fact but didn't pay any attention on). The awfulest is next: it doesn't work at all. 

What happens when you install SIM....can you send us a pic of the deformity?

What should I do? I have full set for comfortable use mobile but cannot use because of reasons that doesn't depends on me. Help please to solve problems

Not sure what you mean. Reboot your phone and see if works. Try SIM in another phone. What happens? Once you verify SIM is defective go buy one at a corporate Telus or Koodo store. Then change the SIM number in My Account and install it. Ask CSA to credit your account for $10 to recover the loss. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

That sucks that your sim card was received deformed, but it does not come to you activated...at least if you purchased it from online with Public Mobile.

So, you are saying you completed the online activation process and were charged for the choice of 30-day plan @AS88 ?

Referral code $10 discount shows up within 72 hours. So if you successfully activated the sim card and a plan wait for over 72 hours to submit a ticket with CSA to inquire.

And what promo code are you referring to; this one: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/2GBBONUS 

edit if you did not receive your sim card from Public Mobile, but rather Amazon or another online buyer, let them know about this so they can send you a new one. 

If from public mobile then you can let CSA know. Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods from the Get Help articles where you can always search for these methods going forward, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.