cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot dial 310-6299

flic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, this is my building management emergency number and when I try, PM automated message says:
Call cannot be completed as dialed...

Please, fix asap since I have to call them to signal as issue at my apartment

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

@flic   You can dial 310 with a Fongo.com account, BUT cost is 2 cents/min. Maybe none of the tier 3 subsidiaries will call those numbers. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

310-MAXX is not an "emergency" number.  It is only a service request number for Oxford properties.   They said "emergency", it meant "emergency requests" to Oxford. They still state you should call 911 if that is a true emergency situation 

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@Yummy   Those short 310 numbers are a thing in parts of the west of Canada, see the link I posted earlier

It's not just Western Canada that uses these.  These types of numbers are used in numerous locations.

Thanks for the information. For retail establishments I can understand. However for emergency numbers, doesn't sound good. Sorry. Hopefully the businesses have an alternative.

MYeates
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just spoke with tech support about this exact issue!

I put a ticket in 3 weeks ago and was advised yesterday this is a "known issue"

"There is nothing they can do to fix it and they will add my number to the affected numbers list. Thank you, have a nice day."

My husband has public mobile and cannot dial 310 Numbers either.

This is all 310, for example panago, pizza hut, your emergency number, etc. 

@flic 

"should" does not mean it will work

Here are some more background info

first, mobile providers are not required to complete calls to 310 numbers as per CRTC regulation

310 numbers are not traditional number but just a shortcut numbers like 800 number.  They got routed to real number based on ANI information from the callers.  In this case, PM is not able to route the 310-MAXX as you would like

As I said, this is a question you should direct it back to Oxford and ask them which providers they guarantee this number will work

flic

Telus/PM is a big telco, 310 numbers should work...
Thanks for the info

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@flic 

310-xxxx are  special numbers and suppose  will be dialed 'intelligently' without requiring an areacode.  Not just PM but  some cellphone companies don't recognize 310 numbers at all or not able to calls successfully all the time 

in your case, you have to check with Oxford for a regular 10 digits number or open ticket at https://www.310maxx.com/

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@Yummy   Those short 310 numbers are a thing in parts of the west of Canada, see the link I posted earlier

Thanks for clarification!

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Ok, hope this will be fixed and working again  soon

flic

@Yummy if I add the area code, the automated PM assistant says: You have dialed a 310 number with area code, please try again without the area code

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Area code is missing... WHY do you expect it to work without area code?

Did it EVER work without area code?

flic

@Phil_Adelphus yes, I sent pm to CS_Agent

@Sansan 310-6299 is supposed to work as is without area code
thank guys

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@flic   The system thinks 310 is California.  See

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Unable-to-call-Panago-310-0001/td-p/11081... 

Apparently it can be fixed.  Best to contact customer service.  If the chatbot gives an error try sending a private message to customer service via this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Are you using the 3 digit area code? All phone numbers are 10 digit dialing. You can submit a ticket through the chatbot bot right of screen to contact public. 

Need Help? Let's chat.