cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create a new online Public account

Hitme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,
I signed up with Public Mobile a few days ago.
The phone works, data works, the number I had has been ported properly.
However, when I try to create an online account to set up a automatic payment,
the website gives me an error message:

>> The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here.

I have tried to see if the account was already made and tried to do a forgot password,
but the website gives me this error message:

>>Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.

I have contacted the retailer and Public Mobile customer service, but they say they can't help me because Public Mobile has no Phone Customer Help service.
And have been instructed to post a question here.

I am hoping that someone here will help me figure out this creating account error, or I will just end up not being able to pay for the service and needing to move to a different company and spending another 10 dollars or so for my activation.

Note: According to the person I talked to on the phone, this error occurred because the retailer, instead of directly porting my number, created an account with a different number, then ported my number over afterwards.
I hope this information helps solving this issue asap.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hitme 

Did you get a welcome email from here? Did you get your PIN texted to you? Did you get any communication from here after you got set up at the store?

@Hitme 

I did read your post very carefully which is why I asked the questions I did. Since the salesperson can't port your number after creating your account with a temporary number that's why I asked if it was a koodo prepaid because you cannot port a prepaid koodo number upon activation. These two statements seemed contradictory: 

The phone works, data works, the number I had has been ported properly.

Note: According to the person I talked to on the phone, this error occurred because the retailer, instead of directly porting my number, created an account with a different number, then ported my number over afterwards.

Unless of course they called the telus porting department themselves and requested the port for you which us highly unusual and not standard practice.  It also means they have access to your sensitive account info and puts you at risk of sim jacking and/or a fraudulent port. 

If you hadn't contacted a moderator yet then I would offer you some more advice but you have so I'm sure you can handle this all on your own. If your community email doesnt match your accounts it can be harder to verify your identity to the moderators if you dont remember your pin #. Which is a common occurrence around here.

And you seemed concerned about payment so I thought you may have left creating/accessing your account to a few days before renewal so I would have offered you payment options that don't require self serve account access.

Sorry i suppose i was just trying to read between the lines......kind of what we have to do around here to help some solve their issues. Welcome to public mobile!

Hitme

@darlicious

Thank you for trying? to reply to my question,
but please read my post before throwing a bunch of questions at me.
Half of your questions could be answered by actually reading what I posted.

Hitme

Thank you, I will try sending a private message to the moderator team.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hitme 

Have you created a support ticket via Simon or sent a private message to the moderators? Was your previous account a prepaid account with koodo or pc mobility? Does your community account email match the email you used to activate the your sim card and start your pm service? Did you recently activate or have you had almost 30 days of service so far?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Contact moderators they work for public mobile.

Simon.JPG

Or private message them at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

When you get your account fixed. Log in and click "Payment" then "Manage Auto Pay"

Screenshot_20200201_045056.jpg

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.